Close

Ender 3 vs Geeetech A10

This may have been discussed so far, a little look on google hasn't really pinged up as many hits as I thought there would be. The ones it has has been July/Aug of 18,
    and the printers seem to change quite fast.

The Ender 3 now becomes fully open source, boot loader included? As does the A10.
    The A10 has a better motherboard? A upgrade for the Ender to a MKS-GEN L for ?16, but the GT2560 seems a better board anyway.

The Ender has a higher resolution LCD screen, is that used that much in 3d printing, and is the difference between the two night and day?

The standard upgrades will be the same between both of them? the one on banggood ATM has the Y rail the same 20mm as the Ender, seems like you need to pay a extra
    ?35 for the newer model.

Apart from that, this is my first 3d printer, I possibly wont be printing much, I don't mind making mods for it, or building it. Others I have been interested in was the
    Anet A8 and the Tevo Tarantula, but I believe these can be a little more problematic.

Regards

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    how is the a10 bed mounted ?
    Also is it direct drive extruder or bowden like the ender 3 ?

They are the two things that would stop me buying an ender3. That and all the people on here with problems with them.
    Does seem to be proportionally larger than most other cheap machines.

hmm, looking at pictures I;d say they are the same machine. So probably go for something else entirely :-)

With an i3 you need a bed that's got side supports, not just a centre support that uses sideways wheels. Not very stable.
    Also there is never any logiccal reason for an i3 to have a bowden extruder. The carriage can easily support a direct drive extruder without any slowdown.
    I'd also go for dual z-motors for the z axis.
    weirdly my dirt cheap ctc i3 prob has all those features.
    It does have other issues :-)
    But mechanically it's got all the bits you want in an i3.

No don't buy one as a first printer :-)
    Things like the print bed not actually being solifly fixed to the print frame are a problem, move the printer and the bed loses calibration. I'll be solidly fixing mine to an aluminium base plate to fix that particular issue.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-29-2019 at 05:59 AM.