Close

Exclamation PLEASE HELP - FLSUN QQ Delta Printer

Hello,I have had my FLSUN QQ Delta (Predecessor to the FLSUN QQ-S) for a couple years now. Before I get into this, just FYI don't ever buy one of these. They are poorly designed and unreliable. The other day I go from printing beautiful, within tolerance, decent quality prints to complete disaster from one print to the next. Complete disaster meaning under extrusion and ripples throughout the print. Now my filament (Bowden type) feed clicks and pops while loading new filament and during prints.

What I have tried:
    1. I checked for feeding issues with the Bowden tube pulled out of the hot end. It feeds great, even when I apply a significant amount of resistance to the filament coming out of the would be hot end.
    2. I checked and verified with a multimeter/thermocouple that the extruder temperature displayed on the printer was accurate.
    3. I tried using a different roll of filament
    4. I replaced the nozzle
    5. I replaced the hot end
    6. I tried using a brand new roll of PLA Plus.

UPDATE
    The filament I have been using is about two years old and has not been stored in a sealed container. Although it worked for a while I believe this may be the cause of my problems. I also have some flexible filament that has been stored in the same conditions for the same amount of time, but it prints just fine. I ordered a new roll of PLA Plus and will see if that fixes the problem.

This did not fix the problem, my filament feed still clicks and pops, I have no idea why. This did however fix the under extrusion problems I was having and prints decently from what I can expect out of this thing. My filament feed just never made these noises or gave me these problems before.

UPDATE: Solved
    I replaced the nozzle again and noticed that the metal tube that connects the hot end to the heat sink was bent from when I replaced it. I must have tightened it too much when replacing, therefore fixing the bad nozzle and damaging the metal tube. So with a new nozzle and new metal tube the problem was fixed.
    Last edited by FLSUNNOTFUN; 05-02-2020 at 07:38 AM.