Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ender 3 Pro problem

I'm new to 3D printing, I've just assembled an Ender 3 Pro, but the filament does not appear to be sticking to the bed. The PLA is heating up to 200, and the bed to 65. As I said, I'm very new to this so may have made a basic error ! Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(I've tried to post a video but I need to make 3 posts before I can apparently, so I will do later in the thread.)

Thanks
    John

I'll post the video in the post coming up ...

I'll post the video in the post coming up ......

This is the link to the video. Any help greatly appreciated - https://photos.app.goo.gl/m9oqCyQ4YJtZR6zXA

Student
    I recently got mine as well. from what I can see, it looks like you need to raise your bed height. Your printer head is too far from the surface. I think the manufacturer suggests that you take a sheet of paper, fold it in half and put it under the tip. raise the bed until there is friction when you try to move the paper out from between the two of them. Do this on all four corners and you should be good! You can keep on raising it until you get nice, clean prints. Just so you know, if you go too close it can cause printer head jams (no big deal, just a hassle). If you still have problems with adhesion you can print onto a surface like painter tape or a single layer of glue stick spread onto the pad. Also, upgrading to a glass bed is a common thing to do to get better prints. I'm using one from the manufacturer, but you can go to a hardware store and have them cut you one in the right size as well.

Good luck!

Student
    Level the bed and you'll be golden!

Brilliant. Thanks so much for the quick replies. I'll give it a go.

I've levelled the bed (I think ) but it's still doing it. Is it me or is the filament not coming through very consistently ? Any ideas what could cause that ?
    Video here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZyJUMbgE79Th5VMS8

Student
    It still looks like its a little high off the print bed, but I see what you mean. I actually use a single sheet of paper and put it under the tip. It should be super close to the bed; close enough to where its basically pushing the bead into the bed a little bit, but not actually touching. Your nozzle is 0.6mm thick, so you want the tip to be 0.3mm from the bed. It's tricky. I'm still not great at it!

As far as your printer not extruding, I do see what you mean. Unless there is something wrong with your extruder (the motor), I'm not sure. I usually print at around 200 and a bed temperature of 70. I guess you could try raising the temperature of the print tip some. Theres always the chance that the thermometer for the tip is off a few degrees. If that is the problem, it could also help solve your adhesion issues. Maybe you could also try a different spool. I never even used the provided filament because there isn't enough to even complete the print. The other thing you could do is raise the print head and manually push out some filament. If you have some junk in the tip that should help clear it. I've done it at around 215 degrees before and then used the menu to extrude a little more just to make sure its coming out okay. Other than that, I would just put glue or something else down to give the filament something better to adhere to and try the print. Theres always the chance that it will break in during the print and work properly.

Wow thanks again. I think I will try the bed at 70 and I'll raise the bed some more until it's very near but not touching. The way it is coming off it does appear that the bed is too cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast