Close

Help with Ender3

Hi!
    Im relatively new to 3d printing world and i would need a bit of help.
    I have an ender 3 Pro, and from time to time, my nozzle gets clogged.
    For each print, the first layer is printed without any issue, but for the next layers, it starts to print the layer properly but at some point my nozzle starts to make that horrible noise that indicates that is clogged

I have seen that the layer is not flat, it is, it prints a bit of the layer, and it starts to print again on top of it, so my feeling is that the z axis is not going up as much as it should and hence the nozzle gets blocked.

Any idea on how could i solve this?
    Thanks

Student
    Follow Make N Vape On Twitter Add Make N Vape on Facebook Add Make N Vape on Thingiverse
    It could be that your 1st layer is a tad to close restricting the filament flow. This can build up on other layers to the point it can no longer push the filament out causing the clicking noise from the extender.

Alternatively it could also be caused by the PTFE tubing not sitting as flush as it needs to be. Heat up the filament heating element, take off the nozzle while hot and place on a metal or glass surface. Next push the PTFE tubing through so you can see a small sliver from where the nozzle sits. Reattach the nozzle again while hot, this will cause the PTFE tubing to be as flush as possible.