Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by eantrin View Post
    Cura was set to all defaults with the one on the left. Didn't wana touch it when it first arrived. What would be the best way to fix a Z compensation issue?
    I am a Cura novice. I know what's there, I know very little about interactions with other things. Someone here should be able to confirm if there is any kind of z-compensation setting within Cura in case of poorly implemented printers. Technically, Cura shouldn't care because telling the machine to move 0.2mm, the machine is the one that should know how. that doesn't stop poor implementations. So is there such an adjustment available in Cura? Probably not. Then where could such an adjustment hide? F/W or Hardware!

Not kidding... I know someone with a replicator early unit and they put the wrong belt cog on! Need I say more? But F/W is another suspect only in that it could be interpreting a stepper-count incorrectly. When it thinks it moved 0.2mm it in fact moved "twice that!" ... That is a slipped bit in the code. I've had slicers do that but I know that is just S/W gone bonkers for an instance. So your problem can be anywhere in the chain. The S/W one is the easiest to diagnose.

Diagnose the BFB: The BFB file is the data your printer's F/W decodes. Cura simply tells your printer where to squirt plastic. So when the z-values in the code are properly stated, then you know the F/W - Hardware is the suspect. Properly stated here means that you mean to have a layer height of 0.2mm and your BFB print file consistenly increments Z by 0.4mm. If that is the case, then Cura -IS- the culprit. If, however, Cura is faithful in Z-increments by 0.2 as you told it too, then your hardware and F/W are the remaining suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Well then there's your solution To me it initially looked like overextrusion - check the flow and diameter settings too.
    If you look at the image, left shows the blue tape texture and a pretty tight gap. the right appears to be a top-side image with excessive gap which is contributing to poor wall bonding. The infill too is not really being "placed" if that makes sense. This is consistent with a gap that has a compensation factor applied to it. However, the two side by side prints are apples and oranges in what they portray. You can see the elephant foot splay on the far side of the part in the right image.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234