Close

Thread: Inverted Y axis

Inverted Y axis

When I select Prepare -> auto home the Y-axis goes to the opposite direction. How can I solve it?

I'm using the new Anet A8 Plus.

Thanks.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I would look examine the Assembly instruction and determine if you have assembled the 3D Printer correctly. Not sure Post Pictures!

If you configured the firmware yourself then I would post the configuration to be reviewed by someone who is familiar with the firmware to look over.

Hi. I revised the assembly tutorial and how is my printer assembled and anything is wrong. I also looked if the cables are crossed but no.
    The firmware is the default one. The printer came like this... Probably something of the firmware is wrong, but the Anet A8 Plus is very recent and I don't know if I'll find something.

When I Purchased my first 3D Printer the Extruder Motor would turn in the reverse direction.
    I solved the problem by changing the stepper motor wiring as to make the extruder work correctly.

This is Normally not the way to correct the problem, though did not feel comfortable changing the firmware at that time.
    Also new I could return the wiring back any time I want or needed it original.

What wires should I invert? There are 4 wires, and they're in the following order: blue, green, black, red. If I put them red, black, green, blue will in work properly?
    Why isn't the best option?
    Last edited by zwoosks; 01-19-2019 at 07:50 AM.

I would think that the 3D Printer Kits would have everything correctly setup, unless the wrong steppers was placed in the kit to get it to market.

It's Been a long time ago will have try to recall the information.
    I have two identical 3D Printers the wiring harnesses color pairs are different.
    One is Green Red Black Blue the other is Black Green Red Blue for X & Y
    Z is wired as Green Blue Black Red the other is Black Green red Blue, I can not go by colors.

I found this hope it helps.

Reversed wiring for a 1.8 deg 4-wire bipolar winding stepper motor.jpg
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 01-19-2019 at 08:17 PM.

DO NOT alter any of the wiring! That's WRONG.

Remember the two screws under the center of the heated bed, the two that you connected the ends of the Y axis belt to? Loosen that belt and remove those two screws. Flip the belt over so the ends feed off the opposite side of the stepper motor's pulley. Now thread those two screws into the OTHER pair of holes, along with their ends of the belt.

Now it should work just fine.