Close

Hybrid View

custom cartesian frame -- no extruder

I am looking to create a three axis gantry system programmable by arduino using components commonly found in 3D printers. I am currently looking at using the following components. Are there any glaring concerns or things you'd suggest doing differently? Also looking for motor mount and framing suggestions, or potentially a kit that would include many or all of these components?-Arduino Uno-Pololu A9488 stepper motor driver running at 1/16 microstep-M8 leadscrews-standard 1.8 degree rev stepper motor

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Not sure exactly what you are looking for, though there are many Aluminum Frame 3D Printer Kits that are less expensive than the combined parts.

Myself I purchased Two used for less than the price of a single 3D Printer.
    Now I am using the word "USED" loosely These were never used because they never printed a model after assembly, Then re-boxed and sold to Me!!
    One Factory Return the other from original buyer. Both ran perfectly after assembly without any other purchases.

So what ideals do you have for a 3D Printer.

Cartesian
    CoreXY
    Delta
    Polar
    Ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Not sure exactly what you are looking for, though there are many Aluminum Frame 3D Printer Kits that are less expensive than the combined parts.

Myself I purchased Two used for less than the price of a single 3D Printer.
    Now I am using the word "USED" loosely These were never used because they never printed a model after assembly, Then re-boxed and sold to Me!!
    One Factory Return the other from original buyer. Both ran perfectly after assembly without any other purchases.

So what ideals do you have for a 3D Printer.

Cartesian
    CoreXY
    Delta
    Polar
    Ect.
    Technically Cartesian but I am not looking to have an extruder at all, and would not want a bed but rather another motor to allow three axis motion on three lead screw systems