Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician
    Flashforge Adventure 3 is a new generation 3D printer provide the best quality at a very affordable price. This 3D printer is very simple and really easy to use. My friend has bought this 3D printer from Mechestore. It's an amazing 3D printer and fast heating up to 200?C

I have an Adventurer 3 Lite should arrive Friday. Can I be a part here or does the lite have a different forum? I am going to be doing mainly miniatures and odds and ends. Willy gladly aceept any hints or advice how to proceed!

I'm looking to buy an Adventurer 3 but am struggling between the Standard and the Lite. It seems like the only difference is the web cam, is that true?
    Any other differences? And if so how will that effect my ability to print reliably?
    Thank you

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the adventurer 3 and the monoprice voxel are the SAME printer.
    Monoprice don't make any printers just buy them from other people and rebadge them, :-)

Student
    I have about 1600 hours on my Adventurer 3 and, in general, find the machine performing quite well. I have had a few instances of feed chattering, filament change over difficulties and spoiled builds. I use Polar Cloud for all my builds and have customized a dozen or so items as well as resizing a number of others. I have called upon the FlashForge support group on more than one occasion and found them helpful.

The image below is of a box I was printing that oddly began to lay down filament in a strange pattern that had no identifiable relationship to the image portrayed on Polar Cloud. I had successfully built this box in it's original dimensions but then scaled it up nearly twice size and got this mess. I'm very curious as to what is going on that made my printer deviate from what was a simple flat bottom of the box. Any explanation anyone can offer would be gratefully received. I have since printed other items with no difficulty.

Odd build.jpg

Student

Happy Adventurer 3 owner

I have about 1600 hours on my Adventurer 3 and am pleased with it's performance. I chose to buy the standard rather than the lite machine. I guess I thought the webcam might be useful and I haven't been disappointed. I use Polar Cloud for all my builds and have customized a dozen or so items as well as resizing a number of others. I have called upon the FlashForge support group on more than one occasion and found them helpful.

Polar Cloud works well as a visual representation tool that provides a lot of ways to tinker with the build settings. A definite plus is that it shows the webcam image which you can view on your phone or tablet remote from the printer. I'm not certain what other benefits the standard has over the lite but the camera is a real plus for keeping an eye on what's going on.

Slicer alternatives with Adventurer 3

With my previous 3D printer I have been using the Prusa Slicer (which is derived from Slic3r). Unfortunately the Flashprint slicer lacks some of the features of the Prusa, and the Adventurer 3 does not recognize the .gx files from Prusa although the gcodes seem to be correct.
    I finally found out that the Adventurer 3 requires the binary data at the start of the gcode to show a small image of the object to be printed.

Has anybody found a solution to overcome this problem? To insert some binary code into the Prusa .gx file does not work, and although Flashprint can read (its own) .gx files it does not recognize the Prusa .gx files anyway.
    How can the Adventurer 3 firmware or Flashprint be modified to ignore the binary representation of the object - or is there another solution?

Addendum:
    Flashprint accepts files without the binary image of the object. Cura can generate regular .g-files that do not contain the image.
    Last edited by Perot; 08-20-2020 at 03:30 AM.

Flashprint also can generate .g-files directly without the image.
    I am trying to get rid of the FlashPrint slicer that comes with the Adventurer 3 due to its limited capabilities - to no success.
    Cura works to some extent, Simplify3D lacks some bottom layer patterns that I would like to use. With my old cheap Monoprice Select Mini V2 Prusa or Slic3r were no problem. But for the replacement of the FlashForge slicer for the Adventurer 3 I could not come to a solution. The Adv 3 starts heating up, and when the temperature has reached its value the print head directly marches to the home position - without any printing.
    Does anybody have any clue?
    Thanks
    Perot

Good afternoon all.

Can anyone help me before i throw my Adventure 3 out the window?

I'm very new to the whole concept of 3D printing. I'm only learning via Youtube.

I have been using Google Sketch for my designs and when i export it and open it with the Flashforge software my image in not laying flat. It is hovering in the air. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Are there other software that i should be using?
    Any tips or links to reading material would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    BBB

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    weird if I load a model that is off the platform flshprint asks me if I want to move it to the platform, say yes and it's on the platform.
    You can also mmove it about manually. select the print, then click the 'move' option on the left.
    And either click the 'om platform' button or manually lower it with the z-axis control.

@perot - short of adding g-code, commands flashprint will do pretty much everything simplify3d does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast