Hi there,

I'm semi-new to 3D Printing and have so far only used the Anet v1.0 Main Board.

I have just bought a Tronxy x5s which i plan to put together soon but when i went to get the files for flashing Marlin to it i found that it doesn't have a boot loader and requires other hardware to flash it the first time. This is mostly fine but i can't find any clear information on exactly what hardware i need to do this and a full step by step guide with such hardware.

If anyone can provide links to the exact hardware required to be compatible with flashing this board and guide me through the steps it would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to (Hopefully) replace the main board entirely at some point in the near future. I have no idea about main boards for 3D printers. Can anyone recommend to me a good quality main board which has a boot loader pre-installed and is compatible with Marlin please?

I also want to upgrade the heat bed by sticking one of those orange silicone heat mats to the bottom of it and then cover that with insulation. The largest i can find at a decent price is 300x300 but the tronxy x5s build plate is 330x330. will the 300x300 mat be ok for this job?

I would post a reference link to the mat and insulation i plan to purchase for this from Amazon, but unfortunately i only just registered and have to have made 3 posts before i can post links.

Thanks in advance to any help provided in this matter.

~Jess~