Close

Hybrid View

Question Simplify3D - Bed probing and print area placeholders - Gcode script

Hi all,
    my printer has a really big bed and often I just need to print small object on different bed areas. So an high-definition probing (with a BLTouch) on the whole bed area can result in a useless and really time consuming activity.

So I'm looking for a way to probe, before each print, only the bed area affected by the print itself.
    To obtain this result I need to set the probing grid in the GCode "starting script" using a dynamically composed M557 command, but at this stage I also need some sort of Simplify3D variables in order to "know" the maximum and the minimum X and Y value used in the print process.

Ideally I would obtain something like:
    Code:
    M557 X[min_x]:[max_x] Y[min_y]:[max_y]
    Does Simplify3D provide this kind of placeholders or is obtaining this goal a wild-goose chase?

Thank you!
    Luke

P.S. =I'm using Simplify3D v. 4.1.1 + RepRap + Duet

Hi buddy, do try inputting with loop variables over the strings. That should work well!Regards,Seder Smith Plex Tutuapp Vidmate
    Last edited by sedersmith; 12-13-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Yes, you can go with sedersmith or find an path which can help you give out things well.On the off chance that anybody is intrigued, my companion and I built up a Cura post handling content (he did the crucial step). I truly figure this would be lucky to be a firmware highlight, similar to I composed a solicitation for. Yet, in the then, for those utilizing Cura: You pass it a solitary boundary (work dividing worth), and it parses the main layer gcode for min/max X and Y directions, and afterward replaces the M557 line in your beginning gcode. LevelingMeshOptimizer.py.txt Simply eliminate the .txt, and drop it here: C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.5.0\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts\ You should have a static work leveling order in your beginning gcode, as: M557 X0:200 Y0:200 S20This, query has been strucking all over, do you think it works out? Let me know with it.

Hi equlyhenna,
    thank you for your reply and congratulations for your work.
    Meanwhile I've discovered that Simplify3D 4.1.2 natively offer the placeholders for the maximum and the minimum X/Y values, so the task has become a breeze. ;-)

Hi,
    I'm looking for undocumented (custom) placeholders for post-processing scripts.
    By the way, if you need custom Simplify 3D G-Code, there's a good source > Bob's Project Notebook and custom term papers by Bob George.