Close

Threaded View

Heat creep or bad filament? (E3D V5 / fiberlogy Easy PLA)

I had a 10m roll of chinese green PLA that i bought from eBay and it worked very well, up to the point where i ran out of it.
    So i ordered a 0.85kg spool of fiberlogy's Easy PLA Graphite (as in graphite color) and it's garbage.
    Literally wasted the whole day yesterday trying to get it to print but it just wouldn't print. I get filament jams every five minutes.
    I've tried all of the retraction and temp settings and cleaning out the the entire hotend multiple times. My cooling fan has enough power to suck pieces of loose plastic up so i don't think it's the issue.
    My drive gear chews pieces of filament away when it jams so i have more than enough feed pressure and pushing the filament down by hand doesn't help either.
    Retraction works well, as soon as i reverse the extruder my filament pops out without a problem.
    I'll try boring out the heatbreak to maybe fix this issue.

I included a pic of one of the many failed prints next to a print i did with the chinese green PLA, the shape of which quite accurately represents my opinion of this "Easy" PLA stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images