Close

Flashforge Adventurer 3 MAC Address

Hello wise people of the internet,
    I'm hoping someone out there is running a Flashforge Adventurer 3 and can help me answer a question regarding the network side of the printer.
    Do you experience the MAC address changing itself upon each reboot when connecting to via WiFi? Just to be clear, the cable connection is working fine.
    This presents a problem as the IP address changes because the mac address changes. Currently I have a lan scanning program that tells me the IP, which is fine and it works. However I am more curious than anything.

I have contacted Flashforge support and they seam perplexed at this idea.

Kind regards,
    Josh

UPDATE:
    The good people at FlashForge have since fixed this problem in their current models of the AD3, however anyone with a gen1 printer will not find that a normal firmware update will fix this problem. If you have a gen1 printer you can contact FF support and will likely send you a link to a google drive folder, in particular, this one https://drive.google.com/open?id=139...-vEX_vNcGftI6o . This should solve the problem.

Regards,
    Josh
    Last edited by psychodelicpenguin; 02-26-2020 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Update

Josh,
    My A3 printer does the same thing. I can't reserve an IP address for the printer, which means I can't DVR its IP camera. MAC addresses should never change. Let me know if you figure out how to fix it.

Hi Nerd4Mario,
    I found it was an error in the firmware of the printer. I contacted FlashForge support and they supplied me with a firmware update. I believe it will be included in a future update. If you contact them directly and explain the problem, they will respond back with a custom firmware update.
    So far my A3 hasnt changed MAC address since.
    Good luck
    Josh

Thank you!

I have a Monoprice Voxel (rebranded FF A3), and I have the exact same issue. I bought the Voxel in Jan 2020, but it keeps changing the MAC address on reboot! I would like to assign a fixed IP address (from DHCP pool) to the fixed MAC address.

Any help to get the firmware upgrade? I might try contacting FF to see if they will help.

I have sent you a private message as well.