Close

Question Would the new Anet A8 Plus support Nylon filament?

Hello! I've just bought the new Anet A8 Plus (it has to arrive), and I was thinking if this 3D printer would support to print with Nylon filament.
    I ask this because in the printer specifications doesn't say anything about Nylon, but I read that the temperature required for the Nylon is from 230 to 270 ?C, an the Anet A8 Plus can reach 250 ?C.

And if at the moment I can't print things with Nylon, what upgrades should I do? Thanks.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    get the right nylon and you shouldn't have abny problems.
    Don't buy the cheap stuff - get taulman 645
    Works well without a heated print volume and prints at 245c :-)

Arrow

Just got a roll of Taulman 910 which seems like really neat stuff! I only printed a few cal squares and did not dry it first (was rather wet) but still printed very well with a .5 nozzle ate 250c with ad 65C bed. The roll I got was rather inconstant as far as roundness and size goes. I had to set the filament thickness to 1.68mm to get proper extrusion. Despite that, the stuff is really strong! My cal square is .6m thich and 3mm tall and I could not break it apart with my fingers.. stretched it, but it would not break! Can't wait to try it on a mechanical part!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've got a reel of 910 - never had any joy with it. taulman say that it really should be used in a heated print volume. Also 910 has pretty obvious shrinkage factor.
    That's the good thing about 645 - it will work well unenclosed and doesn't shrink enough to worry about.

Hand down the best nylon on the planet for printing on normal/cheap printers is Mymat nylon. Expensive, but zero shrinkage great adhesion and just hassle free printing. You still get some stringing - but it's nylon, expect stringing.
    http://www.mymatsolutions.com/products/

Avoid anything that just says: nylon and is cheap.
    It'll usually be a total nightmare to print with.

Thanks for you recommendations!
    I'm just a beginner. Would you recommend me to start using Taulman Nylon 645?

well I personally wouldn't recommend nylon for most things.
    Even the good stuff takes a fair bit of tinkering to get right.
    There are a LOT of other filaments that will usually do a better job for a specific task.

Why do you want to print with nylon ?