Close

Cura infill settings

So the infill setting in Cura is overwhelming but hovering gives out much needed info on what the setting does. However the infill patterns there are so many to choose from. I don't have a clue where to look to decipher thier meanings.
    Was wondering what others use for thier infill patterns? Which is fastest, slowest and beat over all.
    Of course this is subject to personal preference and opinion but I welcome that feedback.

Im currently using diagonal hexagonal or something like that. But most of my prints right now are 10% fill since im learning. But the few things ive made at 100% infill and slower print settings have come out very nice IMO

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    My self I would start at the source so to speak.

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52670-infill

After reading the information on cura you should have a good ideal what to use.

Thank you Roberts_Clif I will read up on this.Also thank you for a different post you made where you suggested slowing down the prints speed and the cooling fan. Mine was running 100mm and 100 fan. Slowed that to 30mm and 50 fan and i think stuff looks better. Im still learning and with the great advice and people ive ran across here i am learning slowly Oh and im up to 3 printers now in 2 months I might have a problem

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    You are welcome.

After you learn more about your printers capabilities you like the rest of us will be printing at your printers maximum speeds.

Smaller sharp curvy designs print at slower speeds than larger box frame type designs, with time you will learn how to adjust for best prints. It took me quite some time to learn how to adjust and have setup my 3D Printers and slicers to start print on the 1st layer at speed between 32 ~ 50 percent. As soon as the first layer has printed we can change print speed using "tweak at Z", then set the 3D printer to our faster speeds of 72 ~ 120 percent.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 01-02-2019 at 07:07 AM.