Close

XYZ Printing da Vinci 1.0 Pro - any tips, advice on how to use?

Hi all,I am due to go on a one day course on 3D Printing and the course provider is using the above Da Vinci printer. I have now ordered one from Amazon to get familar with it.
    Please can anyone offer any help or advice on how to get stuck in? Also, they are using Autodesk 3D Studio Max - is this difficult to use?
    Last edited by Buel; 12-23-2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: error

Just unboxed and used mine today. My biggest recommendation is to watch some youtubes along with reading the instructions, as the instructions are not easy to follow and have a lot of gaps. Take your time with the calibration, it took me about three hours and a number of iterations to dial it in exactly. My first two prints came out excellent, as they were simple. The next two had some issues, but it may have been the design and settings needing to be tweaked.

Thanks for that, I didn?t know that the calibration was so complicated.
    I will certainly watch the YouTube videos, thank you.
    Before I arrives, can I ask what software it uses? Can I use 3D Max?

If you follow the videos it will probably take far less time to calibrate. The written instructions caused some wasted time.

It comes with XYZWare Pro software.

Thank you for that. I wonder how the college (that run to course on an XYZ) use 3D Max with it, as they state:
    The course will use a XYZ Printing da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3-in-1 3D Printer as the basis for learning.
    You will discover how to set up, calibrate and operate a 3D printer and how to design simple 3D models using Autodesk 3D Studio Max software.
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/desig...ts-53946825407