Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Student

Exclamation PLEASE! I need help with my Ender 3.

After weeks of looking at youtube and searching google for my problem i cant find anything to fix it.

What im useing
    • Ender-3
    • PLA 1.75mm 200C
    • Glassbed 70C
    • Steel nozzle 0.4
    • To make the print stick i use Gagigoo 3D printing Pen
    • Softwear Cura, with the recomended profile for a 0.4

What i get after weeks of bed leveling, buying more stuff thinking it will fix my problem is headaches, frustration and failed prints.

I have tryed the papper bed leveling so many times i lost count. Then i tryed bed leveling with gcode and print but the print curves up and sticks to the nozzle and tangled into a mess. Also if for some miracle it sticks to the bed it becomes a thin line with blobs on it and is barely holding on to the bed before the nozzle comes back and scopes it up.

I recently printed (Well tried to) and the first layer didn't go well. As it continued i could hear cracking and snapping sounds comming from it. After a short while it left the bed and started to travel with the nozzle.

20181223_105931.jpg20181223_111308.jpg

Please help me i cant get it to work whatever i do.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    how fast are you printing your first layer ?

And as the gagigoo doesn't seem to be working - go get some blue painters tape.
    The only problem with blue tape is sometimes getting it off :-)

But whatver the gagigoo is - never heard of it, I'd say it doesn't work :-)

Student
    Thanks for replying

Cura tells me
    Print speed 60
    Travel speed 120
    Initial layer speed 30
    Skirt/Brim speed 30
    Travel acceleration 5000

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    initial layer speed is pretty fast. try knocking it down to 10

Student
    I set it at 10 and it seemed like it got further before the plastic had enough of the nozzles work and wanted to leave the bed (I suspect that the plastic keept rising and started getting contact with the nozzle).

When printing it seems like it makes a small line and then hurls the rest into a hill and start all over from there.
    [Like this __o__o__o__o__o__o]
    I have no ide why. Do i need to increase the flow? Is the fan cooling it too fast?
    Flow 100.
    Fan speed 100%. Regular/Maximum fan speed threshold 10s.

Also goo buts that new. (Haven't goten this far)

20181224_075339.jpg20181224_075404.jpg20181224_075441.jpg

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Hello;

I had a problem similar to yours. search everywhere could not locate it.
    Reset the printer to factory defaults using the M502-Factory Reset followed by M500-Save Settings.
    Sending G-Code requires a terminal I have used Pronter Face, Cura and Octoprint connected via Ethernet.

Then I finally noticed that somehow the Cura filament diamenter was set to 3.00mm.
    On other occasions found the deformed Teflon tube in the throat causes the same defected prints.

Here is the results of my print.

3mm - 1.75mm.jpg

You can see it has the same as yours.
    Now this could have happened many ways, in my case is was a filament diameter setting of 3.00mm when I use 1.75mm filament.

Your problem could occurs because of under extrusion.
    This could be because the filament is hanging up on its travel the the nozzle, causing under-extrusion.
    It could be that the nozzle is larger that .4mm, this could be tested by simply printing a single wrap skirt and measuring the filament diameter.
    This can vary between .4 ~ .48mm approximately, depending on your layer and other settings.

I use Cura 15.04.6 because of it's simplicity attached are my Hictop Profiles that you can examine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 12-24-2018 at 06:27 AM.

My experience with my ender is that if prints arent sticking to the bed. First clean it very well then some purple elmers glue stick.
    If the part dont stick then your bed leveling and nozzle distance is in correct.
    There is a file on thingverese for the ender that prints a spiral around the whole bed for leveling purpose.
    Get it close by adjusting with say a index card or thick paper. Then fine tune the knobs while it prints. Always remember looten to raise the bed and tighten to lower. If its coming out thick and not smashed its to low. If it wont come out at all or barely its to high.
    You want a coplue millimeter line wide that is maybe a millimeter thick.

Hope some of that helps
    RobertR728

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Madda View Post
    I have no ide why. Do i need to increase the flow? Is the fan cooling it too fast?
    Flow 100.
    Fan speed 100%. Regular/Maximum fan speed threshold 10s.
    How are your prints working now.

I see that your fan is running 100%.
    I have never have a parts cooling fan running more than about 50%.

Student
    Sorry i have been busy with the holiyday.

I tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfWVUJjBdA. After i painted the bed, so the print would stick and it started out great but some lines were thin and evantely stuck to the nozzle.

I tried paint a boat and this was the results before i had to stop the printer. The first layer was great but as soon as it sped up it became like the pic below.

Also it looks like the lines don't merge on the first layer to make a solid surface.
    20181225_120619.jpg20181225_120628.jpg20190108_183430.jpg20190108_183517.jpg20190108_183713.jpg

Roberts_Clif can you explain the names of your files for example "Hictop 1.75 Profiles 30" what dose the last nummber stand for?
    Last edited by Madda; 01-09-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Student
    Thanks for wanting to help me.

I tried to put in your profile but cura could not open it "Hictop 1.75 Profiles 30". I tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7MigGaKFw but got thies result.

20190126_124002.jpg20190126_124012.jpg20190126_124930.jpg
    I dont know if its normal but the nozzle went outside the print by 1in (2cm) and printed above making rings in the air what it looked like. I dont know if its ignoring layers, it's the worng layer size or not enough PLA comming through

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast