Close

Thread: Hello

Hello

Wanted to say hello from N.C. Bought a Creator X off of the bay yesterday, http://www.ebay.com/itm/121359648505
    As you can see its new, but damaged. But I believe I can bring it back. I have a 80 watt laser I can make a new front panel.

My first 3d printer and I suppose I could have gotten a much cheaper one, but if this turns out to be ok then I save some bucks. I ended up with 600 in it.

Watching lovethepirk videos I d/led pypy 2.3.1 , replicatorg 0040r23, python 2.7.7, and the makerware bundle 2.4.1.24
    Have I missed anything or is there a different version on any of these I should use?

Student
    good for you !!
    I got one yesterday brand new showed up with a cracked front panel but works grate!
    I love it
    I just use rep G so far and with what ever python it said to use
    good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by charlie; 06-13-2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    My flashforge turned up with a snapped carriage (the big black plastic thing that holds the tension belt) on the Y axis on the side, don't feel too bad.

Checked Fedex and it supposed to get here tuesday. Guy required a indirect signature, which I will be at work, so I was able to print out a form, sign it and stick it on the door.

So, pla or abs? What is the best to start with for a total noob? I am thinking of building a table that puts it higher than countertops or typical tables.