Close

Bed Level problem.

I just received my new Creality CR-10S printer and I am having a problem with the bed leveling. From watching a few video clips, what I am understanding is, that I should first Auto Home the nozzle, disable the steppers and then slide a piece of paper between the nozzle and the print bed and adjust the knobs under the print bed until I feel a slight drag on the paper. I'm not sure if turning the knobs clockwise raises the print bed or lowers it but in any case, I have turned the knobs both ways but I still can't get the paper to slide under the nozzle on any corner of the bed. I turned the knob counter-clockwise until it was really loose and I can't get the paper in between the nozzle and the print bed. I turned the knob clockwise but only until I felt a bit of resistance in the knob because I didn't want the nozzle pressing down on the print bed and perhaps damaging the nozzle or cracking the glass on the print bed. I read somewhere that in some cases the limit switch on the x axis may have to be raised a little. I tried that and then Auto homed the nozzle but I still can't get a piece of paper to slide between the nozzle and the bed. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am totally new at 3D printing and I am anxious to try printing something.

Thanks.

I have now resolved this issue but I didn't know how to delete this post.
    Last edited by Columbo; 12-15-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Resolved