Close

Threaded View

Student
    Add Sarcoise on Thingiverse

Anyone know what type of filament is used in these items?

I've been trying to find the correct filament to replicate items I've seen for sale on BG for FPV quads (the main reason I purchased my printer) however all the different types of TPU I have purchased are way too rubber like to mimic these prints.

The great thing about these items is they are solid, yet have a little bit of flex to them without breaking like PLA or ABS. Almost like nylon but much less dense.

I have purchased several of these items and they all have the same glitter like color to them, and the print quality doesn't look great as if it was printed with wet filament. However the results are exactly what is needed for their designed use.

I cannot post links ATM but a simple search on bangood for " TPU mount " shows the many items I am referring to. When I say they have a glitter appearance, maybe partially transparent is a better description because that is what reflects the light and gives the glitter look.

I'm not trying to replicate the exact appearance, although it does have a nice look to it being slightly transparent. I am just describing the material to hopefully better learn its composition and therefore lead to its identification.

I am leaning toward PETG - I have never printed with it myself but I have heard it described as flexible & translucent, however it is expensive and I don't see every vendor on bangood using pricey material to make parts, some that don't even require flexibility and why they would list the item as a TPU printed item instead of simply saying its a PETG item.
    TPU Mount.jpgTPU Mount1.jpg
    Last edited by Sarcoise; 12-14-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: last para