Close

Scrubbing sound from the printer

I tried printing a key chain in the shape of a wolf (the link for thingiverse will be below), the key chain got printed fine, but during the process there were a lot of sounds as if the nozzle was scrubbing the surface of the model. I've noticed that these sounds happen more often when the printer is extruding around the edges with precise details (e.g. wolf's tail or paw). As I said it printed fine but should I be concerned?

Any answer would be apprciated

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21757

Edit: I am not sure if it's connected, but before I tried printing a small chess figure of a rook, but after an hour it started moving with the nozzle and I had to stop the process (the end result was a nicely looking bottom with a bit of "spaghetti" on it).

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the rook moved because it wasn't stuck to your printbed sufficiently.

Without knowing a whole bunch of stuff nobody can say about your noise.

To get an answer we need - at least:
    printer type, slicer program, print settings, pictures of the print.
    Also what surface are you printing on, whatv are you using to make the print stick.

Nozzles can rub on prints, usually when printing overhangs as the tip tends to curl up and catch the nozzle.
    Or if using a printer with dual nozzles the nozzle not in use and catch or rub.

But impossible to say without some actual information.

The keychain looks pretty basic. Nothing there to curl - so if it's catching then it'll most likely be the same as the rook. ie: the filamant is not sticking well and the edges are curling up.