Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have ordered the X5SA, I had to do it fast because it's a chrismas gift for my son...at least that's what he thinks .

I saw that Nexi Tech printed a benchy at 50 microns layer height https://youtu.be/Pq3qjdaRnuY?t=660

Thx again Curious Aardvark, for your time and thoughts. I will try to share my build project on this forum and may have some more questions.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looking forward to seeing how you get on :-)

Thx again!

Quote Originally Posted by lekuburob View Post
    nice post thanks for sharing with us
    No problem, I'm the one who his thankful

did you notice that the 0.05mm benchy had more issues than the 0.1 and 0.2 ?
    Visible stringing on the roof that wasn't there with the others.

Nice looking machine though :-)

Haven't really tried it yet, I'm missing a piece of the extruder. Although I did modify the extruder to work temporarily, there is always filament bleeding through the nozzle...eventhough none is being fed. I haven't had much time. I'm still trying to figure out why the filament is leaking, there must be pressure in the tube. I'm letting it heat now to see how much filament will bleed before it stops.

Thx

when you heat up filament it expands.
    So, when heating up the extruder you will almost always get some filament coming out.
    All you do is wait till the printer starts to print and remove it.

Thx, that worked. 100_4352.jpg100_4355.jpg

Now my problem is(I think) that my nozzle is too high(pictures above) . I'm having trouble setting the hight of the autoleveling probe relative to the nozzle. My first tries adjusting the probe made my hotend dig into my printing surface. When I lower the probe it becomes lower than my hotend, it then sweeps up whatever I'm printing.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    when you heat up filament it expands.
    So, when heating up the extruder you will almost always get some filament coming out.
    All you do is wait till the printer starts to print and remove it.
    I have dumb question, with what do you remove it? I used a small screwdriver and smeared the PLA all over the hotend...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast