Close

Threaded View

Unable to print a small simple cuboid

So at my new work one of things I have to do now is get this 3D Printer running/learn how to use it. I kind of got the hang of 3D Modelling and on one of the computers here, Cura was already installed and connected to the printer. However when I decided to try and print a simple cuboid something definitely went wrong.

It started moving to a corner, then while going back to the center it already started to "print" and because of that the "paste" got in the way. Then it would start moving in the shape of a cube but they way it put the lines was quite bad since they even had gaps in between and were not straight. After a while, some of the filament would get wrapped around the nozzle itself and then it would just start moving and dragging the "thing it printed" with it. I would just abort that's pretty much it.

I attached the photo of the printer (model unknown it's from China), the photo of my settings (as you can see very basic Cura settings), and the photo of what it "printed", you can kind of recognize the shape, that it was trying to print a cuboid and you see that something is connected to it and wrapped up, that's the part where the filament would get wrapped around the nozzle and start dragging it around.

The filament used is PLA 3D Filament 1.75MM White.

I am not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated, sorry if this is something easy to fix since I am a beginner in all of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images