Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some help changing a .stl model

Hello! I am trying to print this model but there is engraved text at the base of the model and I would like to get rid of. Could someone please attempt to fill in the text engravement for me? I would greatly appreciate it!
    c0602b64a66d1e5e7128305c19cd4e9d_preview_featured.jpg
    The model is called "Led Zeppelin "The Object" on the thingiverse website.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    This is a easy task.

Download the model.
    Go to the Web page for ThinkerCad
    Create a login
    Upload the Thingiverse model you want to change.
    Create a thin sheet place it over the engraving you want change, save the model.

Re0ly

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    This is a easy task.

Download the model.
    Create a login
    Upload the Thingiverse model you want to change.
    Create a thin sheet place it over the engraving you want change, save the model.
    The model is too large for tinkercad. Already tried. I need someone's help that's experienced with 3d model making.

Fusion 360 Is Free for Hobbbiest Read the web Link and register.

There are many tutorials on you-tube. This is how I learned to use the Program.

I designed this 3D Printer Controller case in less time than is took to 3D Print it.
    This was My First ever 3D Cad Design.

New Case Layout.jpg
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-26-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Could you by any chance fill the engravement for me? I would extremely appriciate it

Thank you so much <3

Staff Engineer
    I also reduced the vertex/triangle count on the model from 1.8 million to just over 28K which will improve response in any program that loads the model. Even though Fusion 360 is free for the hobbyist, it's challenging to know the precise commands or keywords for which to search to accomplish a specific task. I used Meshmixer and a bit of a hack/work-around to remove the text. I learned something in the process for future utility.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I also reduced the vertex/triangle count on the model from 1.8 million to just over 28K which will improve response in any program that loads the model. Even though Fusion 360 is free for the hobbyist, it's challenging to know the precise commands or keywords for which to search to accomplish a specific task. I used Meshmixer and a bit of a hack/work-around to remove the text. I learned something in the process for future utility.

Looks like I need to do some learning with MeshMixer did not even know that was possible using MeshMixer.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    Thank you so much. I am pretty new with 3d printing. I downloaded meshmixer but didn't quite know what I was doing.
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast