Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing lures

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I don't know who is pushing CAD seats for free these days. I pay out the ears for mine.
    for non-industrial stuff there is actually quite avariety of free software around.

If - like most 3d printers - you're just designing a single object, rather than a football stadium or car or aeroplane, then free cad is probably the way to go.

fusion 360 has a free option.
    blender - while complicated - is also good and free.

Personally I can't draw so i use openscad. I wouldn't want to design a car with it - but have yet to find anything I can 3d print that I can't design.

tinkercad is popular, it's an autodesk product, but made simple.

Back to the lure.
    Use trace wire for the inside of the lure, the hole will have rough edges and normal fishing line will fray over time.

As a newbie trying to learn I have been using Tinkercad and Cura. For the through wire on the fishing lures I bought a roll of stainless steel safety lock wire. Seems to work for me. I do have to pick up on my airbrush skills though.

Free 3d software

This is a software worth trying out.
    https://www.rocket3f.com/

Question Link

Quote Originally Posted by Almila View Post
    Yeah, we a happy today to have 3d printers because they can be used almost in every life situations, and you can print almost anything you need using just that simple small box, well, not so simple and not so small, but anyway, it is incredible. I read some things on https://thenatureinsider.com/guide-to-fishing/ about fishing, and decided to go fishing. Well, I just printed the fishing rod using my computer. Isn't that cool enough to make you want a 3dprinter?

Do you have a link to the rod you printed ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12