Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It looks much better now. I just pushed the tube in as far as possible (not like I don't always do that). It must have slipped out a little somehow. Still not a perfect print though.

I've attached a couple of pics of the current print and one (gf holding it) where it came out quite good (same print a couple of months ago)

Should I just buy a new tube at a hardware store? If so what exactly am I looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crt; 11-26-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Now that you have you 3D Printer working you may want to print a Temp Tower follow the instructions on how to setup the difference here.

Once the Temp Tower is printed you will see the temperature your 3D Printer, material look best at.
    After you have accomplished this you can again post with the results, and some Slicer settings could be altered to make the 3D Prints look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Now that you have you 3D Printer working you may want to print a Temp Tower follow the instructions on how to setup the difference here.

Once the Temp Tower is printed you will see the temperature your 3D Printer, material look best at.
    After you have accomplished this you can again post with the results, and some Slicer settings could be altered to make the 3D Prints look even better.
    I wouldn't exactly call it "working" yet. The most recent print is far from smooth. I'll try to clean the tube somehow and see if the prints improve.
    Thanks to everybody that helped. If anyone has any more ideas, I'm all ears.

Try Installing Cura 15.04.6 - Here
    Install one or more of the Cura 15.04.6 profile ini files attached.
    1st Layer Print speed 32 ~ 46% No Fan
    All Other Layers Print speed 70-86% Fan Speed about 50%

I print PLA at 196C ~ 206C with a bed temperature 40C ~ 56C

Check to be sure that your Ender 3 Printer is defined as your Primary 3D Printer...
    If you need adjust the temperatures higher in the Cura Profiles as needed.

Hope this will help. I use the same Profiles for ABS only adjust the Nozzle to 228C and the Bed to 96C.

Hope this We will Help.
    Sometimes we need more information in order to teach you what is required for that perfect print!
    My Profiles work for me they may not work for you.

Your Start G-Code should look like this
    G21 ;metric values
    G90 ;absolute positioning
    M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
    ;M106 S127 ;set Fan half speed
    M107 ;start with the fan off
    G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops
    G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops
    G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm
    ;Put printing message on LCD screen // The line below should contain your Print Message
    M117 My Print...
    G28 X0 Y0
    G1 E4.0 ;prime extruder
    G92 E0 ;reset extruder length
    ;M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On //// Comment this line it is for my Auto Bed Leveling "On Feature"
    M220 S32.000000

Your End G-Code should look like this
    M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
    M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
    G91 ;relative mode
    G1 Z+0.5 E-2 F{travel_speed} ;raise Z above print
    G90 ;absolute mode
    G1 X0 Y270 ;move extruder to rear left Model to front.
    M84 ;steppers off
    G90 ;absolute positioning
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-26-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Thank you all

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    teflon tubes I get from amazon.
    few bucks for 2 metres. should be 4mm outer diameter and 2mm inner diameter.
    If you don't already have a digital caliper - get one :-)
    Pretty much an essential for any 3d printing.
    https://www.amazon.com/Staron-Electr...gital+calipers
    no idea whether that's a genuine price - but for 99c got to be worth a punt :-)

This is probably the best for the money at the moment https://www.amazon.com/iGaging-Elect...=igaging+ezcal

I now have another problem. It seems to be extruding but not all the time or at least the layers dont stick. The bed seems to be leveled fine since the outer rim looks ok, but...well, you can see what happened.Is my printing bed bent or is it still an extrusion problem? Ill try putting the print at a different position on the bed and see if that helps. When doing the print multiple times, the holes seem happen in the same places.Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It appears to me that the nozzle could be a little too close to the bed.

When My Nozzle gets too close to the bed, seen in your Image shown look exactly like my failed prints.
    And this is a good time to Mention. I have a Proximity sensor mounted on an adjustable Slide Bracket, that is tuned by a thumb nut.

IMG_1836.jpg

One day I might redesign the spring tension-ed Proximity Sensor Slide mount as it is many times larger the the flat Sensor on the bottom.
    But is still works I can adjust the sensor height by micro-millimeters with a partial turn of the thumbscrew.

Original found on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1258415
    I redesigned the one above to accommodate the Flat proximity sensor pictures above.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-28-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12