Close

Maker select v2 adjustment

Hello All
    Just getting into 3d printing and looking for some tips. Wednesday of last week the 14th i got my printer Maker Select V2 prior to that i had never even seen a 3d printer in person. So yes i am a complete Noob go easy on me. Unfortunately even tho this printer comes nearly completely assembled i ended up having to take almost all of it apart and put it back together part by part because everything was so far out of square it wouldn't print anything remotely correctly. That was a challenge not knowing anything about 3d printers. I have some mods planned to do on this printer but i am waiting on some Black PLA that should arrive today as i am being picky about colors matching lol...

Mod's done
    Glass for the print bed

Mod's in progress
    Z-axis brace
    Cii cooler with blower fan
    Led light on extruder mount
    Glass hold brackets (Using binder clips for now)

Future mods
    Mosfet upgrade

Printed out a printer test last night( mini all in one 3d print test by majda107 on thingiverse). Need some help on what settings to adjust and how to adjust them. Looks like i got numerous problems to fix. This was printed with amazon basic PLA at 200deg head temp and 60deg on the bed. Sliced with Cura 3.6 (Its programed in as a prusa i3 changing the height to 180

1.jpg
    1st photo

Problem 1 font isn't that great except the largest print on the over hang test
    Problem 2 the print has random "fingers" sticking off

2.jpg3.jpg
    2nd & 3rd photo
    This was printed with a raft and except for one tinny spot the raft printed great but the base lifted off the raft during printing.

4.jpg
    4th photo
    Bridge test 2mm 5mm and 10mm are near perfect 15mm has a single print line that's off and 20mm, 25mm are terrible

5.jpg
    5th photo
    Support test looks pretty good to me at least beyond the couple "fingers"

6.jpg
    6th photo
    Shows how bad the finer text is.
    7.jpg

7th
    The overhang test is good to 30? then the back side starts being droopy at 40? tho not bad and 50? plus looks severely over extruded on the back side. On the front side at 70?+ the nozzle looks like it drug thru the print and scared it.

Also trying to figure out how to get the printed connect to the computer it just recognizes it as a USB controller.