Close

Time-IT 3D Printed Watch

Amsterdam based Time-IT has released a new watch design. This isn’t just a redesign of the watch casing but a ground-up reimagination of the act of telling time. The watch face uses a linear time telling system projected with an LED screen. The casing of the watch is 3D printed in bronze by Shapeways. Time-IT found that 3D printing was not only a great addition to their iteration and prototyping but also a very effective way to produce the final product as well. For more information on this new timepiece, check out the following article: http://3dprint.com/19449/3d-printed-watch-rethinks-time

Below is a photo of the new 3D printed LED screen watch:

Staff Engineer
    Wow that has a real nice kind of 1970s feel to it.

I would wear it with my corduroy suit and aviator glasses for sure.*

*I don't actually have either one of those.

The ground-up reimagining of telling time was done a few years ago when the binary watch was released, followed quickly by a plethora of quirky designs. While it's interesting to see a watch module in a printed case, the watch itself is hardly groundbreaking.

It needs some basic features voice & manually activated dual function meters that give barometric UV and humidity , also a flashing reminder that can be set. Other than that solar rechargeable and submersible. It would also be nice to have a laser or acoustic range finder on it. Finally an rf signal detector that indicates the frequency detected. All those features using the bars would be quite science fiction like. Finally audio recording, producing 192 kHz 128bit recordings accessible by bluetooth, heck throw a micro hd h264 camera on there too.
    Allow it to interface with a smart device for advanced features. Make the watch mil spec and sell it to special ops.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    I would wear it with my corduroy suit and aviator glasses for sure.*

*I don't actually have either one of those.
    I do...unfortunately. But I'm not saying which one.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    looks cool but nothing new really , I think I made my kids a binary watch about 5 years ago.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

It's definitely a cool gadget but needs more useful features. I would have to agree that it's nothing new. A lot of watches today have features that are good for practical use.

The watchface on your smartwatch such as Moto 360, LG G Watch and Samsung Gear can customize by yourself. It's FREE and you can try it now!
    Last edited by KennyLim333; 08-12-2015 at 09:02 AM.