Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kudo3D Representative

What are you going to make with the Titan 1?

We would like to invite you to share with the community what you plan on creating with your Titan 1! Later, when we have a users' gallery, it will be exciting to see your ideas after they have come to life.

slc.jpgHi Guys. I would love to print super high detailed architecture, like the picture of the model attached. I currently am awaiting a Pegasus 3D printer, which I believe will have the resolution I need, but from early reports from people who have already received theirs, the speed leaves much to be desired. By some estimates this will take probably 24 hours on the Pegasus, which to me is unacceptable. For this reason I'm backing the Titan. This look like something the Titan could do in a timely manner? I read 2 inches/hour, so 3-4 hours at 7" tall.

As I'm working on SLS scanning of customized miniatures between 30-45mm, I'd love to be able to print these out with some quality/detail intact. I haven't found an extruder capable to doing this, so I'm hopeful that the Titan 1 will be the one. Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

My name is John Trotter and I'm a character modeler. I hope to be able to take my Zbrush sculpts (like the one in this post) and make them real world objects.
    DemonHeadUpdate.jpg

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by emomobile View Post
    slc.jpgHi Guys. I would love to print super high detailed architecture, like the picture of the model attached. I currently am awaiting a Pegasus 3D printer, which I believe will have the resolution I need, but from early reports from people who have already received theirs, the speed leaves much to be desired. By some estimates this will take probably 24 hours on the Pegasus, which to me is unacceptable. For this reason I'm backing the Titan. This look like something the Titan could do in a timely manner? I read 2 inches/hour, so 3-4 hours at 7" tall.
    Hi Emomobile - the architecture looks great! What is the X and Y dimensions? What layer resolution would you like (100 microns vs 50 microns) to print with? 50 microns would take almost double the time compared to 100 microns. We can do an estimate with the info - thanks!

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by brstlbrdboy View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My name is John Trotter and I'm a character modeler. I hope to be able to take my Zbrush sculpts (like the one in this post) and make them real world objects.
    DemonHeadUpdate.jpg
    Hi John - thanks for the picture - could you please provide the stl? We can do a more accurate evaluation with it. My email is jonathancheung@kudo3d.com - thanks!

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by jon@kudo3D View Post
    Hi Emomobile - the architecture looks great! What is the X and Y dimensions? What layer resolution would you like (100 microns vs 50 microns) to print with? 50 microns would take almost double the time compared to 100 microns. We can do an estimate with the info - thanks!
    Hi Emomobile - could you send me the stl too? My email is jonathancheung@kudo3d.com - thanks!

Hi John - thanks for the picture - could you please provide the stl? We can do a more accurate evaluation with it. My email is jonathancheung@kudo3d.com - thanks!
    Sure. I'll do the conversion this weekend and send you the stl.

Hi folks-

I'm Russ adn I work as a character modeller and production manager for the wargames industry. Most of the models I make are around 30-40mm (1"-1.75") tall. Here are a couple of examples of rendered images and their painted, final production models. I currently use a very expensive and often flaky Envisiontec for this work, but I hope to see this happen using the Titan instead- if so, it'll be a big step up for me and several companies I work with!

FALCONER_revisions01.jpg 72080_UnaTheFalconer_WEB.jpg FISHER 360 02.jpg fishermanPainted.jpg

Russ

It's about 7" long, 4" deep, and 7" high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast