Close

Add Geoff on Thingiverse

How to change Temperatures at certain build heights

Hi guys, this might help with those rising plastic issues also..

Cura has a feature that can solve this, but sadly you can't print directly to a flashforge from it, so there is a few steps you need to do to do this, but it's pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by yannickchapados View Post
    i have a flashforge creator x, is their a way to change bed temperature while printing? especially while printing ABS it suggested to start with higher temperature and reduce it after a couple layers.but i cant find a way to do this
    Yes, you need to do the following, and in order...

1. Download Cura.
    http://software.ultimaker.com/

2. Use the Replicator 2 settings.

3. Understand CURA CANNOT PRINT to your Flashforge printer - it cannot communicate with it via USB so you will need to export anything you do to Gcode.
    Only Makerware and Replicator G software seems to work for me for this machine.

4. In Cura you need to tweak the settings before you export, click the plugin tab and choose what height you would like things to start happening..

(i.e see "New bed Temp" you would set that to the new temperature, which would take effect when it hits the Z height you have designated)

Attachment 1487

5. File Menu, Save GCode

6. Go into replicator G (not makerware, it is not good at reading other programs Gcode..)

7. Load your Gcode you exported from Cura, and print!

Last edited by Geoff; 05-31-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I imagine you could throw in a line of text into the gcode after the first few layers to reduce the temp before continuing.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    I imagine you could throw in a line of text into the gcode after the first few layers to reduce the temp before continuing.
    Yeah, it's just a matter of comparing the top 50 lines of code you get from Cura to the first say 50 lines in RepG and seeing what the difference is, I don't imagine it adds too much code, there is only a handful of input boxes, so its maybe 10 more variables.

One thing that I did notice that was weird, if you export Gcode from Makerware and try and load it in ReplicatorG, it fails... when GCode is technically meant to be universal.. no idea where it fails, I've compared the code and it looks pretty identical.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I've only been using Makerware 3.1 for all work. I don't really mess with any gcode, just use Proftweak to make custom profiles. Seems to be the smoothest workflow at this point without spending on Simplify3d.

tried usign cura to generate gcode. but there are error when i tried to print it on flashforge.
    there is no replicator 2 setting when i added new machine. what flavor is the gcode?

like the problem of elijah : http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...a-Replicator-G