Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kudo3D Representative
    Many of you were asking to see results of modifying the lens. Thank you for helping us select this graduation ring to print. We were able to achieve XY resolution of 26 microns and Z layer thickness of 25 microns after the lens modification.
    Grad_ring.jpg
    Designed by Jonathan Iyar (Graduation Ring)

The photo below has a strand of hair as a reference point:
    Grad ring close up.jpg
    Please share your thoughts with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta3D View Post
    Many of you were asking to see results of modifying the lens. Thank you for helping us select this graduation ring to print. We were able to achieve XY resolution of 26 microns and Z layer thickness of 25 microns after the lens modification.
    Grad_ring.jpg

The photo below has a strand of hair as a reference point:
    Grad ring close up.jpg
    Please share your thoughts with us!

I'm truly blown away by how smooth the surface is. I mean, the detail looks fantastic but I was hoping for that. I had no idea the surface was going to be that smooth!

So with the lens modification, how big is the build area? I assume it's smaller correct? Also,how long of a process is it to modify the lens and then to get it back to stock ie: I'm printing something large, after that is done I want to print some jewelry and the go back to large items. How long does the switch take?

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by vchmiele View Post
    The 25 micron ring looks great. Can you share the amount of pigment that you added to the resin for this resolution (what layer thickness too). Also, approximately how long did you cure the resin?

Thanks
    The pigment concentration is about 2-3 % and the exposure time is 1 second. Thanks!

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahamalincoln View Post
    I'm truly blown away by how smooth the surface is. I mean, the detail looks fantastic but I was hoping for that. I had no idea the surface was going to be that smooth!

So with the lens modification, how big is the build area? I assume it's smaller correct? Also,how long of a process is it to modify the lens and then to get it back to stock ie: I'm printing something large, after that is done I want to print some jewelry and the go back to large items. How long does the switch take?
    Thanks! The build area is 28 mm x 50 mm. The four corners do show some spherical aberration. Yes, with effective high resolution, the build area will be smaller. It look us about 45 minutes to modify the lens. In term of switching time, it's simply moving the projector and adjusting the focus again.

Hope this helps!

I know that the B9 Creator needed to add a gasket behind the lens to keep out dust (after adding spacers). Is this something that you will provide, or will this need to be sourced/created individually?

Also, when you say 2-3% pigment do you mean 2-3% by weight? For example if I have 1 liter of SubG+ (unpigmented) how much red resin would I need to add?

Thanks!

Kudo3D Representative
    I know that the B9 Creator needed to add a gasket behind the lens to keep out dust (after adding spacers). Is this something that you will provide, or will this need to be sourced/created individually?

Also, when you say 2-3% pigment do you mean 2-3% by weight? For example if I have 1 liter of SubG+ (unpigmented) how much red resin would I need to add?

Thanks!
    If there is no special need, we don’t recommend modifying lens. Lens modification is not part of the standard printer that we will be shipping. We are not currently supporting a gasket unless there is enough demand for us to customize a part in the future. The gap can be simply covered with black electric tape.

It's actually 2-3% in volume but yes it should be close to 2-3% by weight too. Thanks!

Is Kudo3D planning to software features that address the light decay of the projector bulb?

The latest beta software for the B9 Creator has some interesting technique that look promising.

http://b9creator.com/support/?mingle...4#postid-17621

I also know that Envisiontec has similar calibration procedures that ensure even output across the build platform.

In general it would be nice to know how the software will work. Overcure for unsupported voxels, perimeter cure, etc...

Kudo3D Representative
    Is Kudo3D planning to software features that address the light decay of the projector bulb?

The latest beta software for the B9 Creator has some interesting technique that look promising.

http://b9creator.com/support/?mingle...4#postid-17621

I also know that Envisiontec has similar calibration procedures that ensure even output across the build platform.

In general it would be nice to know how the software will work. Overcure for unsupported voxels, perimeter cure, etc...
    @ vchmiele - We will definitely do a deeper dive into those issues in the near future. Surface smoothness has more to do with the resin, structure of the model and supports, and of course the resolution but not much with the software. Without correcting spherical aberration of the lens, there is not much meaning to normalize the output intensity from the projector. Even after normalization, the focal points still do not lie on a flat plane, and the image is blurred at the four corners. Normalization will also end up with longer exposure time. A high-end lens system that removes most of the aberration could be more expensive than the HD projector that Titan 1 uses. This is not the market we are targeting now. We also don’t recommend edge curing because we don’t see much performance improvement by trading off printing speed. However, if users need very high precision or accuracy, all of the software improvements plus high-end hardware are required (it would be more like a machine like Envisiontec with a $50,000 + price tag).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi all. I'm curious about kudo3d working for action figures and statuettes prodution. I'm planning work with resin casting to make pieces with 20cm to 30cm. I think printing some separate part to further make some post prodution (sanding and polish) and the final assemble to make mold casting.
    My question are:
    Will I have a hard post prodution of parts printed?
    Could I 3D printing that parts with 26 microns always?
    Will Kudo3d works fine to my purpose?

Thanks
    Last edited by Valter; 06-13-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by Valter View Post
    Hi all. I'm curious about kudo3d working for action figures and statuettes prodution. I'm planning work with resin casting to make pieces with 20cm to 30cm. I think printing some separate part to further make some post prodution (sanding and polish) and the final assemble to make mold casting.
    My question are:
    Will I have a hard post prodution of parts printed?
    Could I 3D printing that parts with 26 microns always?
    Will Kudo3d works fine to my purpose?

Thanks
    Hi Valter - thanks for your interest. The build volume is 70mm x 40mm x 240mm at 37 micron resolution. The build volume is 192mm x 108mm x 240mm at 100 micron resolution. 26 microns would only be possible with the lens modification (users will have to do the modification themselves). Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast