Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was just on GrabCad searching as well. There are also a few 3dm files that I could convert as well. Let me know if the artist has a problem with it and I'll sen you another stl with artist info.

Quote Originally Posted by jon@kudo3D View Post
    Hugues and Kenzie - you are both correct. Any paint or coating will smooth out the surface but will come at the expense of resolution. The thicker the paint, the more resolution will be lost.

Kenzie - thanks for the offer for the design!

https://grabcad.com/library/graduation-ring

We are going to contact the designer for permission. Would this ring work for you guys? Please let us know.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by abrahamalincoln; 06-01-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Hi Abrahamalincoln - We have been having a hard time to find a stl file that has a similar ring (also with the right license to print).

Does anyone else have any suggestions or files to share?

Thanks!
    I could design something.. here's a simple band with text. The dot over the I is the smallest feature...about 0.21 x 0.24mm.titan1 ring.jpg not practical for casting but it will print.

I say have at it if the Kudo team will use it. Did you see the one on the Kickstarter comments? It was pretty much perfect because it showed depth, text on different planes, etc. Here's the link: http://image.cn.made-in-china.com/2f...1;机.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JDK3D View Post
    I could design something.. here's a simple band with text. The dot over the I is the smallest feature...about 0.21 x 0.24mm.titan1 ring.jpg not practical for casting but it will print.

Kudo3D Representative
    Thanks everyone for the help, especially JDK3D for the design! We actually got permission from the designer of the graduation ring (https://grabcad.com/library/graduation-ring).

We will get this printed asap and will update to see your feedback.

JDK3D - if you still don't mind, we would love to send over Kudo3D's logo for you to incorporate in the design. We can print it after the design is ready. Thanks so much and I'll message you through Kickstarter!

Hi jon@kudo3D. I am interested in your printer for jewelry as well. I can email you 2-3 "generic" files to test print. I will try and email you now.
    Regards,
    Rik

3 x STL rings to test print on the Titan1

Hi Jon. I tried email you but obviously have the wrong email address. I have been training in CAD for Jewelry design for over 9-years. Used many 3D printers in that time from $65k+ down to $5k. I would be interested in you trying some sample ring designs. They are my own which I use for training purposes, so you are free to test print, photograph and use them how you see fit. If you can advise an email address I will email you a zip file containing 3 x STL's to test print.
    Regards, Rikj

Kudo3D Representative
    Hi Rikj,

Thanks for your message - please email jonathancheung@kudo3d.com. We will try our best to get to them!

Hi Jon,

The print orf the Grad Ring looks great! - Fantastic detail wit the lens mod.
    I have emailed you 3 x typical ring STL's. Would be great to see images on 1-2 of them when you guys get a chance.

Hi Rikj,

Thanks for your message - please email jonathancheung@kudo3d.com. We will try our best to get to them!

Kudo3D Representative
    Thanks, Rikj! Yes we will get on it asap!

The 25 micron ring looks great. Can you share the amount of pigment that you added to the resin for this resolution (what layer thickness too). Also, approximately how long did you cure the resin?

Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast