Close

Who owns ShapeWays? Are they publicly tradeable?

Does anyone know if ShapeWays is a publicly tradeable company? I was just curious, because I think they have a really awesome future as the 3D printing arena starts to grow. I'd love to invest some money into them.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I think it's a private company. They currently employ only around 90 people, and only have about three offices.

Twitter employs around 500, and they are worth billions. Private company.
    Makerbot Ind. is also a private company I believe, but I hope that soon they will open trade.

I would have invested everything in both ShapeWays and Makerbot Ind. back in 2011 if I could have.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    Makerbot Ind. is also a private company I believe, but I hope that soon they will open trade.
    Actually MakerBot is owned by Statasys.
    You can see their google financial site at: https://www.google.com/finance?q=NAS...rDaMIislAOFngE

Stock is pretty high.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Critter View Post
    Actually MakerBot is owned by Statasys.
    You can see their google financial site at: https://www.google.com/finance?q=NAS...rDaMIislAOFngE

Stock is pretty high.

Well crap. Now I need to scrape together some money and get like 300-400 shares...

I always forget that Makerbot is just a small part of a bigger company. Every time I went to search for 'Makerbot Ind. Stocks' nothing came up...

I'm not making fun of you MysteryAlabaster, but if you ever start a company, "only around 90 people" is huge if you are a start up, and even more so if you have to manage that many people. I actually would hate to have a company that big, that is unless I could get you to run it for me.