Close

Makerbot and NASA Team for Mars Based, 3D Design/Printing Contest

Makerbot has teamed up with NASA to launch a pretty interesting 3D design competition. They are giving away a Makerbot Replicator as well as several spools of Makerbot printer filament. The contest will run from now until June 12th, and seeks out the best design for a possible future Mars base. Winners will be announced on the Makerbot blog on June 25th. More details on this 3d printing contest can be found here: http://3dprint.com/4810/nasa-makerbot-mars-base-contest

If any of you guys decide to enter, please post your designs or links to their Thingiverse page, here for us to comment on!

WAIT WAIT... lol... okay wait.... so, they patent designs on thingiverse submitted by users and... now.... they want you to design a mars base.

I mean I'm still playing the latest XCOM, so... I'm in for designing something utilitarian, I just find that there is a certain amount of irony here.

Student
    Hello Brian 3dprint.com shows wrong information about winning, there are just 3 prizes in total, no grand prize as mentioned. Check the terms and conditions..