Close

Orthodontist Omaha Dental Lab Tests 3D Printing Advice

Ive been operating a small dental lab for Dr. Brown of Orthodontist Omaha Ive purchased the Form 1 printer 3 years ago and had been successfully 3d printing CAD-designed dental restorations for cire-perdue metal casting. I would like to ask for advice as I think this is the best place to ask this question. What is the best 3d printer for an orthodontist clinic? Ive been using a really outdated printer and needs advice on the current models. What about an affordable scanner that I can use for scanning patients' mouth or that can scan the impressions the orthodontist have produced? Thanks in advance.

Would like to share. Student forgets to wear retainer, uses 3D printer to make his own braces. Too bad they dont mention the 3dprinted he used.
    http://college.usatoday.com/2016/03/...is-own-braces/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    there are awesome awesome sla machines being aimed at dentists art the moment.
    Had a fairly long chat with someone at the tct selling machines aimed at the orthodontist industry. Think I took pictures, the machines aren't cheap - but the recults are pretty amazing.
    I'll have a look at the ipad when i;m back in the house and find out who they were :-)

They will cost more than a form :-)

But i suppose in the states, making orthodontist accessories is like printing money anyway :-)

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    We are working with dentists and used form 1+ until a few weeks ago. We are still using it but we also bought Form 2 and Dental material. And the details are much better.
    Usually, in my country, the service for expensive printers is very bad.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    envisiontec ! http://envisiontec.com/dental-industry
    thats the compaby. They make a whole range of machines specifically for dental work :-)