Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Hello. I work for Hyrel 3D.

Fair criticisms.

Since Dec 2012, and presently, we have offered and continue to offer any of our kickstarter backers a full refund if they do not want to wait for us to deliver a product that we are proud of. So far, exactly one of the 49 backers who have actually ordered a printer has taken us up on this offer.

We update the community with broadcasts of our progress, and we have been holding skype/teamviewer sessions with our backers to train them on the printers. We will not ship any until we consider the software to be ready.

We did not use kickstarter to sell a product that had already been designed, tested and built. We were truthful with the information that we were developing this product. We have gone through many revisions, and I cannot say that we won't have more. If we feel that something else needs to be improved before we ship, then we will improve it before we ship.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

Thanks,
    Davo
    http://hyrel3d.com

Engineer
    i must say, it really does look like a nice higher end and well engineered piece.

That's right! 3D printing industry is now recognized for durability and real like replicas that are used in a wide variety of prototyping and all other business applications. Today, 3D printing companies are setting the standard replicator which are very technology-based products.

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    Promised delivery in Dec 2012-Jan 2013 to KS backers.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rel-3d-printer

Current status of those KS printers...
    http://www.hyrel3d.com/queue-for-orders/
    LED bike light
    This is why I don't back anything on Kickstarter that is already on the market. The cost savings is not worth the risk. I am also very hesitant to back any project run by those under 30 years of age.
    One thing I see are people over promising and under delivering. Often times these companies do not realize just how incredible popular their product could become on Kickstarter, and end up getting in way over their heads.
    Last edited by Ravikaleova; 12-07-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Ad for bluetooth speaker removed.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    That page (queue for orders) rarely gets updated. Yes, we are very late with deliveries. But we are delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox2013 View Post
    Yeah John I'd be ticked off too. I actually am involved in a lot of crowdfunding advising, and the number one thing I see are people over promising and under delivering. Often times these companies do not realize just how incredible popular their product could become on Kickstarter, and end up getting in way over their heads. This causes massive delays sometimes as they need to change their production plans. That's likely what happened here.
    bicycle lights
    Bearing Systems, large build area, integrated air-filtration system, side-mounted filament system, embedded PC, active Matrix LCD with Touch Screen, interchangeable, hot-swappable, programmable head system, change settings during builds, integrated video camera for remote build monitoring, plug-&-play electronics, remote connectivity via smart phone, Tablet or PC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12