Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have also been looking for a cheap printer/kit. it seems they are either not worth getting, having waiting times or aren't shipping yet. I saw the phoenix printer, it cost somewhere between 350-400 usd but has a 12 week waiting time. I have also seen the replikeo prusa i3 for about 350 usd but between the shipping fees and poor packaging it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle. then the qu-bd oneup and twoup look nice but I see to many reports of them "sitting" on your money, basically you have to fight them for months until they ship it.

the only one that I can really consider buying that will ship soon is the 3d stuffmaker or wait and hope for the cobblebot. the stuffmaker really doesn't look bad at all, good print size, around 500 usd, ships fast. the only big downside is I'm not sure what software it is compatible with.

Student
    Don't mean to self promote, but our KIT printer comes in at $495 usd, and is a complete and easy kit,

You can use a coupon code for this board "3DP" to get 10% our KIT printer if you would like,

http://portabee3dprinter.com/shop/po...it-uassembled/

Ok, thanks!

- Daniel

Engineer-in-Training
    One note about your Portabee page, the GO version makes it very clear how it can fold up, but the KIT could probably use some pics of how well it folds up / travels

Staff Engineer
    Pretty sure that the Peachy blows all of these out of the water, price wise... Granted, the Peachy isn't so much a printer as it is a core printer component (the rest of the printer being very easy to DIY).

Still, when they go up for sale, it'll be hard to beat $99 for a UV laser projector.

This website will teach people to make their own 3D printers.

There is a guy named Ollie Wright trying to develop a website (www.buildit.com) that teaches people to build their own 3D printers. He needs funding and only has 15 days left to get the money check it out http://kck.st/1oENaSh
    Attached Images Attached Images

1. The Peachy deal is not for a complete printer kit.

2. We just put together a Printerbot Simple Makers Edition, fast build and worked first time. If someone is looking for a complete, inexpensive, easy, small printer kit, take a look at this one.

photo (61).jpg
    Last edited by JohnA136; 07-24-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: add picture

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    1. The Peachy deal is not for a complete printer kit.
    True, and I said as much, still, the kits the beta testers have put together to finish out the printer are still coming out in the $20 to $80 range, not including the core Peachy itself. Of course the beta testers have shown just how challenging the Peachy can be (though that has likely changed, the latest software update looks pretty good.) All in all, I've pretty much looked at the Peachy in the same light as a RepRap. By the time you've gotten it to make useful things, you could probably have made those things some other way with less effort. But you have bragging rights to having made a 3D printer yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    2. We just put together a Printerbot Simple Makers Edition, fast build and worked first time. If someone is looking for a complete, inexpensive, easy, small printer kit, take a look at this one.
    Oh yeah. On the price to quality curve, it's pretty hard to beat the Printrbot Simple. For what is actually in-stock available right now, I'm pretty sure it's the winner.

CraftBot is a Crowdfunding campaign I believe is on the right track, and they promise delivery in August/September. The company behind has been established since 2008 and they've been working on their 3D printer for a couple of years, and is now getting ready to ship as soon as the indiegogo campaign ends in August. They seem to be very professional and are communicating a lot with the community, and providing regular updates on the progress. Of course nothing is sure with crowdfunding, but I believe this could be a very nice 3D printer if you are willing to wait until september.
    http://igg.me/p/849894/x/2407196

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12