Close

Iceman 3D Printer by Cloudio2Go

Here is yet another 3D printer which has just launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise $33k. The Cloudio2go Iceman 3D Printer is a small, light weight, aluminum framed printer. They tout their speeds, as well and unique mechanical techniques used within the device. Here are some basic specs for the Iceman printer:

• Model Accuracy in mm : +/- 0.15/100
    • Axis Position Accuracy : 0.01mm
    • Printer structure material: Aluminium
    • Build volume in mm : 150/150/150
    • Printing layer in mm : 0.1 -0.3
    • Printing speed : 120 mm per second
    • Printer Nozzle size : 0,3 - 0,4
    • Printing temperature : 230 C (max 320C )
    • Filament : PLA, ABS, Laywood, Laybrick, Nylon, NinjaFlex, Bendlay, more
    • Machine size in mm : 350 x 300 x 350
    • Connection : USB, SDCard and WiFi
    • LCD Panel Color and Touch

More details can be found at the article here: http://3dprint.com/4490/cloudio2go-iceman-3d-printer/
    The Iceman printer is available in 3 colors, black, white, and orange:

Anyone have more info on this printer? It seems like this company's printing pen is a re branded (and "possibly" re-engineered to some extent) Myriwell 3d pen that can be found on ebay and a few other overseas places.
    Just curious is this Iceman3d printer is also available from other sources, and they are only distributors. By the Indiegogo blurbs it seems as the only reason they are offering it on the crowdfunding site is exposure and more guaranteed sales.
    In their Campaign for the pen they explain "we just need this campaign to get cheaper prices for the bulk order." So seems like they are using it as a more "preorder" situation to get monies upfront so they can buy in bulk, instead of fulling orders sporadically.
    Makes sense, don't know if its such a proper use of crowdfunding though. But I have asked a couple questions and they seem responsive.
    Would love to find someone who has tried a printer like this though.

I'm pretty sure this printer is solely for Indiegogo backers, but not 100%. Have you seen it elsewhere?

I've not seen the printer elsewhere, just the pen that they are also selling on Indiegogo. Just wondered if the printer was also a rebrand.

Student

Anyone have further thoughts on this printer? It seems a few other websites show it as an available product coming in 2014. Can't remember where, just stumbled upon some non US websites on google. I've been in contact with people behind the company doing the indiegogo campaign, and they seem to be legit. It is a rebranded/reseller situation, but they maybe have improved performance a bit on their end. 6 more days in the campaign, I may give it a try for $649.

Student
    Hi. I'm new in this world of 3D printing, and in my research for a budget of $300 one appear with that value. Iceman 3D D100 and the D150 for a little more. But anyone have a try on this printer? For a new person its easy to replace broken pieces? For someone who want to print, for example, RC parts will do?

They only do PLA. Definitely not preferable for RC parts...