Close

Student

Easiest PLA to work with in the UK?

Hi guys,

The role of PLA and ABS that came with my Creator X is smooth and prints really well. In previous posts i was advised to turn the temperatures down to stop blobbing and other issues that arise from having the temp too high.

I also ordered gold (looks yellow), black and luminous green PLA from the same place I bought my printer who sells them for £20 per KG. This PLA is really grainy however and does not seem to print well at all at my skill level (because there is a lot of pilot error as I'm new)

Question 1:- Does anyone know of a good cheap PLA supplier within the UK?

Question 2:- Can someone please explain to me how to lower the bed temperature in Replicator G because I'm constantly printing at 110 degrees and that may be the reason my prints are not sticking?

Thanks again guys

Gav

What printer do you have?

Student
    Hi. It's the flashforge Creator x

Faberdashery have good reviews of PLA. I have printed with their filament and print quality was good.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpiinx View Post
    Hi guys,

The role of PLA and ABS that came with my Creator X is smooth and prints really well. In previous posts i was advised to turn the temperatures down to stop blobbing and other issues that arise from having the temp too high.

I also ordered gold (looks yellow), black and luminous green PLA from the same place I bought my printer who sells them for £20 per KG. This PLA is really grainy however and does not seem to print well at all at my skill level (because there is a lot of pilot error as I'm new)

Question 1:- Does anyone know of a good cheap PLA supplier within the UK?

Question 2:- Can someone please explain to me how to lower the bed temperature in Replicator G because I'm constantly printing at 110 degrees and that may be the reason my prints are not sticking?

Thanks again guys

Gav

check about halfway down this page, there is a section to change the bed temp in Replicator G..

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-Creator-forum

The M109 setting is what you are after in the Gcode, up the top.

It will say M109 S110

You alter the 110 to whatever you require.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    Thanks Geoff. That worked. Unfortuneatly the PLA I printed with at 230 degrees and 110 degrees bed now doesn't stick at all unless i use these temperatures. I've gone through the temp at 5 degree intervals and still, nothing. I'm considering sacrificing a goat in the hope the entrails create a sticky base in which to secure my models I'll keep working at it. Gonna order some Fabidashery stuff today and try that.

Thanks again