Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technologist

New E3D v6 Hotend

Looks like E3D's latest v6 is now available for purchase.

UK: http://e3d-online.com/E3D-v6
    US: http://www.filastruder.com/products/...-e3d-v6-hotend

I just picked up 2 myself from Filastruder . Great price with the 10% coupon (LikeAv6) that's available until the end of the weekend.

Two on the way.

Now that is a thing of beauty. If I didn't have the v5, id go for it.

Technologist
    I'm anticipating a huge headache though, trying to get dual E3D's working with my Rostock. Will need to order an extruder (cold end) and design / print a mount as well.

Huge headache or massively fun? I'm sure all your hard work will pay off

Engineer
    SOB!!! i just ordered the v5 from filastruder. ordered it a few days ago and it just arrived today. just my luck. oh well i guess. this v5 is a thing of beauty anyway.

Yeah the v5 is really great. Aside from the shorter height of the v6, I honestly don't see much of a performance difference. I already run the 0.25mm nozzle and it's already so precise, no ooze even without retraction settings, and runs PLA just fine!

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoWorks View Post
    Huge headache or massively fun? I'm sure all your hard work will pay off
    The headache, definitely the headache! I'll need to basically design a whole lot from scratch, and I'm not exactly sure where to start, or how to get there. I'm also trying to cheap out on the cold end. I ordered a stepper from Aliexpress... great price actually, ~$16 shipped via UPS for a Nema 17 that's the exact model offered by SeeMeCNC for $30+shipping. I'm considering printing out their EZStruder and sourcing the other parts... which wouldn't be difficult, other than the spring, which I can't find.

Make sure you post pics of your setup once you're done!

Two hotends magically arrived today. They look the biz. I can see a massive advantage in having the PTFE extend directly down from the hobbed bolt through the heat break right down to the melt chamber. Anything that eliminates the friction where there are interfaces between pieces in the hotend is a bonus.

The new fan shroud looks great, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast