I have same problem!! Anything new??

Combines two problem:

Read time out
    Packet timed out
    Serial error:
    Input/Output error in WriteArray

And

platorm se binary has stopped working

Mine is doing the same thing. Was printing great and now i cannot get past the rafting to print anything. I am using replicator g. gonna try sailfish

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Sounds like an epidemic or printer ebola. I have the problem too. I have a Makerfarm with RAMPS and Marlin. I can heat the bed and heads and it will sit there heated all day long. I replaced the power supply just to eliminate it as a cause and that didn't help.

What happens to me is that it will print for about 45 seconds and then it slows down and just halts. You can hear it slow down over about 3 seconds time. After it's stopped, if I try to raise the head with slicer controls it makes a buzzing noise in both Z-axis motors. I doubt both motors have gone bad. I'm guessing my RAMPS board has failed in some way. I've ordered a new one. An earlier post said a new board didn't solve the issue. If it solves mine I'll let you know. I too could print a 20mm cube just fine. But, anything much larger or complex would not complete.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I had these issues sometimes, but I think my problem was that I detached the SD card from my computer too early. Making the gcode file corrup or not complete. Tried a different brand SD card?

And, if my laptop which was attached to the RAMPS USB boots up it will make the printer stop.

Not sure if this helps you, but worth the try.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Stigern, thanks. I mostly print using USB. I thought maybe my cable or the port was bad so I wrote the gcode to an SD card to try it. That way I'd eliminate the whole USB connection path. It failed the same way, so, I know my cable is probably OK.

I have everything taken apart. Today I'm going to totally rewire the whole machine. I'm going to also switch the stepper driver boards around and see if I can get a failure on a different axis. That might help me diagnose what component is bad. Finally, I have a new RAMPS coming via Amazon tomorrow. If my tasks today fail, I'll have a new board. If the new board fails, then I'll have a whole RAMPS board that I can then use to build a new printer one day. I wish I knew how to test stepper motors and have also been looking for info on testing/diagnosing the Mega 2560. So far I haven't found anything useful.

EDIT: I found a simple way to test stepper motors. Pretty handy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pplRj_384
    Last edited by RobH2; 11-28-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: stop, halt, stepper, test, led, mega, ramps,
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Here is some insight into the problem, at least from my perspective.

My new RAMPS won't be here till tomorrow so today I completely dismantled the machine's wiring and rewired it. I didn't find anything suspect. So, I fired it up and amazingly, it printed a good sized print for the first time in 8 starts. The motors of the x-carriage were noisier than usual and I immediately suspected that my liner bearings were going bad or something. I lubed everything nicely and tried again. Still noisy.

Part of my rewire was to pull all the stepper motor driver boards and put them back in a different order. I went on the internet and found an article about adjusting stepper motors. It suggested turning the pots down to the very minimum, manually set a travel in gcode and start turning the pots up until the motor started to run. They also said to overdrive the motors until they shutdown due to thermal overload and mark that spot on the board. I couldn't get them to shutdown though. So, all of my motors ran fine at the lowest amp setting. The Y-carriage was a bit weak. I could stop it easily by holding the bed. So, I turned it's put up the tiniest bit. Now when I grabbed it, it couldn't stop it.

Next I set up a print and the printer is much quieter. It was never loud, but it was sometimes noisy. Now it purrs. It appears I was overdriving all of my stepper motors even though they were set at 1/4 of the range by default. I'd say at 1/8 on them right now. However, this print failed and the printer just stopped after about 5 minutes. Drat.

I went back to the RAMPS to adjust pots and felt it. It was pretty warm. I've never had it warm before. I think the dual head rig that I just finished this week is causing it to run hotter. I put a 60mm fan on it and started a new print. So far so good. I think my stopping issues were a combination of overdriven steppers and an overheating RAMPS.

I'll post more as things progress.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

write array error

I was having the same issue with CTC printer. Soon after I noticed a little shock when i touched the USB plug and the computer. I checked my voltage off of the ground in reference to V- and sure enough I had about 7 volts AC leaking from my ground. I figure data coming from the USB was referencing ground and added to much noise to the signal. My receptacle did not have a ground. I ended up adding a ground and she was happy again. Funny thing is that it operated for months with no issue. Perhaps the power supply isn't of the best quality.

i've been having this issue with a brand new BTT SKR 1.1 board. the issue is somethings overheating.
    i've tried cheap chinese SD cards, new legit much faster Samsung SD cards thinking the read error had to do with that. But when i moved my control board fan just a bit it suddenly works fine again.
    i didnt feel anything hot but i didn't completely finger the board. TMC drivers and STM32F4 ARM chip were warm but not (ouch that's friggen hot). maybe the problem cooled down within the 30 or so seconds it took me to probe it.
    all my electronics have been upgraded from the original crap except for the steppers and switches, but i dont see them as a problem.
    the control board however i've never used before. i always bought the same MKS base 1.4 board when one inevitably died on me. never have i had an issue with cooling on then. After the switch i've had more problems than its worth.
    next board i get will likely be a duet because of their expand ability.

holly crap your steppers were 110-145F ? in my 6 years of 3d printing that's NOT normal. mine are always Luke-warm never hot even after 12 hour prints.. your drivers are feeding too much power to the steppers and need adjusting.

The problem was solved after I hanged the ferrite rings on the loop connecting the display and the board. The hang-up situation became less frequent, but still sometimes the printer hangs when printing, but after I put in a second power supply, the hang-ups are gone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast