Close

Unhappy download model file

&nbsp;I am trying to get this model to print on my Ender-3 3D Printer and it won't.<br>I download it to my 3D print file, is downloads as a zip file After it unzips I download it to the mini sd card which came with the printer, I click on the file but it won't print, no error message. What am I not doing for this model to print??? The file comes from Tinkercad siberian husky

HELP!!!
    thanks ctdigger

you must slice the file into gcode with a slicer software and upload the gcode to the printer.

airscapes, once I unzipped the program I loaded into Cura 15.04. I expanded it and then saved it to the sd card that goes into the Ender-3 printer. Am I missing something here?
    Thanks
    ps the model I am try to use comes from tinkercad

I have not used cura but in S3D you open the model and the once you have all your parameters set, you prepare it for printing which put you in the preview mode and then you write the file for printing which creates the gcode.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    make sure you are writing a gcode file to the sd card and NOT an stl file.

the file I went to is a Sketchfab file of the siberian husky sitting, it has "obj" and "gltf" as download preferances no gcode.
    Is there a way to change it to gcode? Or should I just look for a gcode file of a husky sitting?
    Thanks for the help
    ctdigger

You really need to do a little more research to understand how the process works.
    3d Model gets export as a .STL file. STL file gets opened in your slicing software. Set the appropriate parameters for the printer, plastic and model and write the Gcode file so the model can be printed. This is not as simple as printing on an ink jet printer.. there are multiple steps and many settings to understand so they can be properly set.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    You really need to do a little more research to understand how the process works.
    3d Model gets export as a .STL file. STL file gets opened in your slicing software. Set the appropriate parameters for the printer, plastic and model and write the Gcode file so the model can be printed. This is not as simple as printing on an ink jet printer.. there are multiple steps and many settings to understand so they can be properly set.
    Thank You for the info.Not to be a pain but is there information somewhere that explains the process and the steps needed to print and which free slicing software is best for the job? I want to learn how to do this and your info is helpful, thank you.