Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't print the skirt properly

Hi Everyone
    I have a Creality3D Ender-4 that I've had quite a few problems with but I thought I'd ask about the problems I've been having just getting it to print the skirt of the object I'm trying to print. Here's a picture of what it does:
    IMG_20180821_130139.jpg
    Thoughts? I'm all out of ideas.
    Thanks

*Edit-
    PLA at 200C and bed at 60C
    Last edited by osterac; 08-21-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Slow the Print Speed down for the First layer.

I print At 32% or about 3.6mm^3 Per Sec on the First layer, then using "Change At Z" I change the Print speed back to my normal 86% or about 8.3mm^3 Per Sec.
    The first layer is the most important layer and should adhere to the bed, and I normally print this layer slower than the other layers to get the best adhesion possible.
    My setting may be to fast for some 3D Printers though you understand where I am going with this.

I posted a reply here with images shortly after yours (Roberts_Clif) and it said it needed to be approved by a moderator. At this point I'm not sure if it will show up anytime soon, so I hope one without images will work. Your solution made my prints much better, and I have several successful and usable prints now! Still a few problems like the nozzle rubbing/grinding against already printed material, seams, spaghetti, and "boogers."
    I want to thank you so much for getting me off the ground! I had been banging my head against the wall for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    Still a few problems like the nozzle rubbing/grinding against already printed material, seams, spaghetti, and "boogers."

This could be caused by Z_Axis not moving the correct distance,

This could be caused by not enough Stepper motor current to the Z-Axis Stepper motor.
    Or
    It Could be because the Z-Axis is incorrectly adjusted.
    (The lead-screw could be binding / Tension on the wheels could too High causing drag)

Post your slicer and slicer settings this may help
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 09-04-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    I posted a reply here with images shortly after yours (Roberts_Clif) and it said it needed to be approved by a moderator. At this point I'm not sure if it will show up anytime soon, so I hope one without images will work. Your solution made my prints much better, and I have several successful and usable prints now! Still a few problems like the nozzle rubbing/grinding against already printed material, seams, spaghetti, and "boogers."I want to thank you so much for getting me off the ground! I had been banging my head against the wall for a long time.
    think you need 10 posts to be allowed to add links and pictures if it is not an OP

Hi Again
    I'm using cura for everything, and I use a piece of printer paper to level my bed (adjust until the paper doesn't drag against the nozzle).
    Settings in attached (zipped) PDF.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am a little lower where you can just feel the drag of the paper under the nozzle.

.3 Layer Thickness

.8 top/Bottom Thickness (Should be a multiple of .3 so I would change to .6 or .9)

.04 Infill overlap (I would suggest .15 - as actual layer width is about .48)

Retraction Distance 4.5 Retraction retract Speed 20mm/s

Z-Hop height mine is .075 ~ .1

Fan Speed 50%

I use Cura 15.04.6 Most of the time though have printed many with the new Cura 3.xx.x.
    I like the feature where you can print the two surface walls at .14 and the a single Infill at .28 or print three surface walls at .1 and then a single at .3
    (Truly speeds up print time on a fine surface model)

Thanks for the tips
    I entered your settings and printed 3D benchy at .3 layer thickness. I attached some images of how it came out. What do you think?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not looking shabby!

Now you should be a a good postilion to Print a Temperature Tower.

I would add a parts cooling fan you will surprised how well they work at eliminating the fuzz.

OK,
    So I tried to print the temperature tower, but if I print the STL it doesn't print at the right temperatures and when I printed the gcode the filament got jammed. I'll probably get the fans too.
    I tried printing a calibration cube, but I noticed that the cube was skewed - it had 2 sides that were square and 2 that weren't (horizontally). Pic attached. It's about .5 to .6mm off, and it's enough so that when I try to print a lego it won't mate with a real lego. I don't know how I could correct this by adjusting steps per mm.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by osterac; 09-11-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast