Hi Guys,

I have just dipped my toe into the world of 3D printing. I have ordered an Anycubic i3 mega as my very first printer and I can't wait until it arrives tomorrow.

I have absolutely no experience with 3D printing or with any associated software, so this promises to be a steep learning curve!

I have seen many of the wonderful designs on thingiverse and will be trying some of those in time, however what I wanted to do was to get my head around the 3D software and find something suitable for my needs.

I would like to be able to 3D print text, using a wide variety of different fonts. I have tried Tinkercad, however this only seems to offer 3-4 different, basic fonts.

As well as being able to use different fonts, I would also like to be able to manipulate the text, for example being able to arc it (so that it looks like a loose inverted U shape, if that makes sense!) or warp it, or basically just change it to my satisfaction. I plan on making simple things like name plaques and name tags for my grandkids and don't want regular straight-line text.

Can anyone recommend some FREE simple to use, beginners software, that could fulfil my requirements?

P.S - I use a MAC, so it would need to be compatible with OSX.

Thanks in advance