Close

Threaded View

Question Material and printing quality for small mechanical parts

Hello,

I'm working on project, which smallest mechanical assembly consist of 9 parts with common scale 40x40x50 mm, smallest part is 32x32x9, pins around 4-2.5mm, driven by 3 small 200 steps bipolar stepper motors 20x30mm with 24-35V power to accelerate mass about 50-200g for each part, with short and high speed movement around 5 messages per second from control application with Arduino Due microcontroller

I need advice about material like PLA, ABS or maybe something else, correct printer and printing method to get strong parts able to support short range of movement degrees, mostly less then 180 degree, but with high speed, manage with weight of parts and have a high resolution to be able maintain a mechanical movement process in such small assembly

I do not own any printer yet, and don't have any kind of practice with it. In the future, I think to get ZBOT or Ultimaker, not sure, which one is a proper choice in my case. But for now, to order 3d models printing for someone else, first of all, I need to find proper solution with material, printing method and desired quality

Any advice, guide or example would be very helpful
    Last edited by lado; 09-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.