Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    If you're sure that Polished will not change the dimensions of your part and that such a setting doesn't add cost to the production, it seems to be a good choice. Glass Filled may be stronger, as it would imply the addition of tiny glass fibers akin to fiberglass material. It's starting to get out of my direct knowledge zone.

I found SLS printing guide, it says all holes should be larger than 1.5 mm diameter. My minimal size is a 2.5mm, maybe I will change it to 3mm, but what I am trying to figure out, is a hole and pin size compatibility, mostly I need free rotation and cylindrical sliding. For example, if I have hole 3.2mm, my pin is 3mm, but I'm not sure, if it is not too little or not too much, how nylon behaves in this case
    Last edited by lado; 09-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Staff Engineer
    3.2 to 3.0 millimeter is 200 microns and that's very close fit. I think a fair approach would be to ask the service provider for a reference figure.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    pet-g would work as would ninjateks armadillo. I've m
    Made gears with 12 teeth, 1mm thick and 8 mm diameter. That was from pet-g - couldn't bend or break them just using my fingers.
    And those were the large gears for that particular project :-)

Don't see any reason at all you can't make this yourself. Without pictures I have absolutely no clue what you are actually making :-)

But glass filled nylon is both strong, stiff and durable.

Staff Engineer
    Curious, what printer have you used to make these tiny items? It now pops into my alleged mind that lado could have inexpensive success using a printer with a smaller than "standard" nozzle. A genuine Prusa with a 0.2 nozzle might give strong tiny features with nylon or petg and save a bundle of money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12