Close

Threaded View

Student

Ender 3 Screen Issues

Hello All! I recently purchased the Creality Ender 3 about a month ago and have loved it! Recently, after starting a print (both via USB and SD) the screen flashes random and weird symbols (Pics attached). The first time the printer did it, I stopped it, turned it off and back on. Then restarted the print and it did the same thing. I let the print run its course to see what it did and the print turned out great. After the print completed, I turned the printer off and back on. I then checked that the ribbon cable wasn't getting any EMI (I read on another forum that it caused a similar issue for someone else) by rerouting it and trying a new print. No change. I later updated the firmware to the version from TH3D. I was already planning on updating the firmware in order to accept a BL Touch or similar bed leveling probe as well as to get thermal runaway protection but decided to go ahead and do it in desperate hopes that it would also solve this screen issue. After the successful firmware update, I tried a new print (both via USB and SD) and this time I got the weird screens and the bed began to heat up but then stopped. The screen stopped randomly changing between pages of weird symbols and the bed quite heating and the printer was stuck. I had to turn it off and back on to clear the screen. Has anyone had a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to fix it? I have an email sent to Creality for a fix but have not gotten a response.
    Attached Images Attached Images