Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
45,000 downloads is a lot. Wow.
It isn't the part I saw that was unique to the Ender 3, but here's a Thingiverse cooling duct with downloads in the hundreds of thousands. That kind of traffic has to almost be annoying in one's Thingiverse dashboard.

...I originally got into 3d printing to build drones.
It's sort of funny that you mention that. RC helicopters was a major reason for my interest in 3D printing. I was new to the hobby, and another user in the Helifreak 130x forum promised to start cranking out designs for 130x parts. I remember describing to the wife all the money I'd save by printing my own replacement parts. Unfortunately, he, I, and the rest of the 130x community grew to realize that the strength-to-weight ratio just wasn't going to be there for 130x parts. I migrated to a larger 300x for a while, but never gave printing parts for it a thought for the same reason.

I did delve into drones a bit before I pretty much gave up on my old eyes ever doing well with keeping the orientation straight. I do have a 105mm quad FPV frame on Thingiverse. Turned out a bit heavier than I was hoping for, but it made for a pretty good back-yard basher.