Close

Question Ender 3 - Issue making flat round circles

Hi all, Relativity new to 3D printing and I've been having some issues with printing flat circles I have attached an image that shows a test print where there are almost two circles inside one another.The printer prints vertical circles well and everything else is working really well with the printer. I have only had the printer for a few days so I am still getting used to everything.I have added some basic annotations to the image to help point out the issues. Note: Usually the printer does not do this but on this print it seemed to be jumping now and again and it then left a small circle or blob of filament on the square. Thanks for any help, Tom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    It appears you may have a adhesion problem, the filament is not sticking firmly to the bed.

This could be because you are trying to print to fast or your nozzle is not close enough to the bed.
    Some of us have found that printing a blue painters tape has benefits

Would that be the cause of the circles not being fully rounded?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    As the Filament is pressed through the extruder it is suppose to stick to the bed.
    If the filament is loosely affixed at some point the tension can pull the filament causing it to become a warped shaped circle.
    Then on multiple rotations some of the filament may hold in place forming the circle that was to be printed.

This would also account for the warp in the model not to lay flat on the bed surface.
    So the Answer is Yes.

Below is a toy truck printed on Pressure Sensitive Carpet Glue on Paper Tape On the Aluminum Bed.
    Could not get to print on anything was about to give up. Now I can print on anything just prefer the Vinyl Transfer Paper Tape with PLA.

Toy Truck No/Supports
    https://youtu.be/QhWuMxtKV6M

Will Vinyl Transfer Paper Tape release my Print
    https://youtu.be/Y5ut1OtMSp0
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-23-2018 at 04:41 PM.