Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I'm not sure what it was that I did but the printer now only needs some adjustments to steps per mm, but I'm having trouble figuring that out. The ender 4 source code is posted here and I tried using the Arduino IDE to edit the configuration.h file and insert the new steps per mm values, but when I try to upload to the printer, it says "too many decimal points in number." If I try to get the board info from my printer it says this:
    BN: Unknown board
    VID: 0403
    PID: 6001
    SN: Upload any sketch to obtain it
    The options to adjust steps per mm from within the printer's UI are disabled. Any thoughts on what to do?
    Thanks so much
    *EDIT*
    it was a typo.
    Now it says
    "Error compiling for board Arduino Mega ADK."
    *EDIT2*
    Here's the full log
    Code:
    Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows Store 1.8.15.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega ADK"

sketch\stepper.cpp: In function 'st_get_position_mm':

sketch\stepper.cpp:1094:101: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

float st_get_position_mm(AxisEnum axis) { return st_get_position(axis) / axis_steps_per_unit[axis]; }

^

Please submit a full bug report,

with preprocessed source if appropriate.

See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

lto-wrapper.exe: fatal error: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

c:/program files/windowsapps/arduinollc.arduinoide_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino Mega ADK.

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.
    Last edited by osterac; 09-17-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Well that problem is solved. I think I just had the wrong programmer selected - parallel programmer works. I was even able to unlock some cool menu options in ultralcd.h, including the ability to set your steps per mm from the printer menu itself. Just a matter of deleting the comment (//) commands.
    Anyway, right now I have an issue with gaps between lines that I was hoping to get some help with. I've tried compensating by adjusting initial layer width and flow, but I get inconsistencies with the width of my print from one layer to the next, and on one circular print I'm getting a large blob on the outer wall. here's what it does with the first layer:
    IMG_20181019_093731.jpg
    It's not immediately evident here, but it seems to do a better job with one half than the other half. In some prints, half is perfectly connected and the other half is falling apart.
    Anyone know what could be causing this?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12