Close

Trouble Printing - Need Help

My son is doing a project for school and needed a car design printed. I downloaded about 8 different car prints from Thingiverse and I am having issues with all of them. Everytime I print them, about 30 minutes into the print, it starts getting messed up. It seems as if the bottom layer starts to move and from there the print is ruined. I have tried this on two different printers and I now have the new Sindoh 3DWOX 1 printer and the same thing is happening. Everything else I print seems to work great, it just seems like it's the cars that won't print. I don't understand what is going on or what I could be doing wrong. The bed is leveled and I have printed about 10 other things from this printer and they all come out perfect except for these car prints. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    links to designs would be useful :-)

Are these larger or longer prints than the other things you've made ?

what filament are you using ?

I am using PLA and I don't think they are larger than other things I have printed. Here are some links to a few that I have tried. What happens is that after a while, the bottom layer lifts up and starts to move and then all of the filament just becomes a garbled mess at that point.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2435527
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:560767
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:758839

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    A look at the Ferrari 458 GT3 Race Car is a special case, All parts are assembled into a single STL file and Needs to be split into it's separate parts.

Image2.jpg

i got a makeshift solution, add painters tape to the bed (adjust the height of bed, due to the tape changes the level.) then pause print after getting a few layers down, ad a tinybitt of superglue or other adhesive (i used loctite 401) on a side, enough to just "point weld" it, and you should be good. A drawback is that you will get some extra work when you need to remove the glue and tape later on.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    A look at the Ferrari 458 GT3 Race Car is a special case, All parts are assembled into a single STL file and Needs to be split into it's separate parts.

Image2.jpg
    Ok! Lets try to use different wording. The model Passenger compartment and trunk are Hollow with the Bucket Seats, Steering wheel, Dash gauges ect.

You can not print this in one piece unless you do not want the modeling inside of the car. And decided to print with supports everywhere.
    Then the wheels are still not part of the Model they have no connecting parts the body of the car. Look at the Model.